TalkTalk TV & HDR Connection (One for Sam Ganges I think

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been given TalkTalk TV by TalkTalk.
My current set up is Ant in to HDR then out to TV (using HDMI & Coax).
The TalkTalk instructions say connect Ant in then out to TV.
Will it be ok to stay as I am currently & take the HDR out into the TalkTalk box then on to the TV.

Sponsored Links
assuming i am understanding this correctly :D :D

you need the aerial into the box to get the freeveiw channels live
otherwise you are fully relying on your internet connection for all viewing

Tried it via the HDR first it worked.
It gave me know more than I can already do with the set up I have, just ANOTHER remote.
So disconnected it from the main TV (smart), & connected it up to a second TV so I now have the HD channels on that TV. I contacted TalkTalk, they said keep the box, so I really got something for nothing especially as my monthly subs were also reduced.
Not often you can say you got a win.

Sponsored Links
yep they gave me a box free +£50 to cover installation costs and another something like £70 to reduce my phone package by half for 6 months and no additional costs

so basically i got the tv package for nothing a 6 months phone package half price
now as i am not prepared to pay for any tv content the only actual benefit is the ability to watch any catch up on normal channels over the last 7 days on a large tv
as i already have 3 freeveiw recorder boxes this means it only gets used perhaps 2 hours a month when a freeveiw recorder misess a program

of course they want all there customers "hooked " on the pay for veiw tv as another revenue stream

so if you have a talktalk phone and broadband package, phone them up and get paid around £70 credit to have a tv box you don't have to use without any extra on going monthly fixed costs and if you tell them your tv is in a different room to the internet they will send you a handy plug in range extender for your internet

I'm glad you got it figured. I know nothing about TalkTalk, having never dealt with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back