tall bathroom basin mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a tap for my bathroom basin (tall mixer) every time i fit with the supplied flexi tails i get a leak around the connection somewhere. Have used plenty ptfe and still no success.

I have now went and bought a new set of flexi monobloc tap tails as i burst the supplied ones and the connections on theses are slightly different ... one has a long end and one has a short end. which is which? is one for hot and one for cold? there are no instructions on the pack.

Sponsored Links
don't matter just makes them easier to fit as the hex you tighten will be higher than the other one.

......Have used plenty ptfe and still no success.....
Normally these don't need PTFE tape or anything other than the 'O' rings provided. Hand tight is usually enough to seal them, then a tweak with a spanner to stop them running back.

Grit around the 'O' rings, or dings in the seats can stop them sealing. Overtightening the tails can split the seals. Taken to the extreme it can split the brass between the threaded holes in the tap body.

The tails are different lengths just so you can get a spanner on both hex. sections. I find it easier to fit the longer one first.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back