Tap Manufacturer recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a new kitchen simple mixer tap but having had a disastrous experience with Bristan Bathroom taps I'd like to get some recommendations (preferably British) regarding manufacturers.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Only my recommendation but I get sick to death of these ruddy ceramic 1/4 turn jobbies.......fine if you can get replacements when they fail but I still prefer the compression rubber washer taps. Not as glamourous maybe, but a hell of a lot cheaper.
Quality taps? Franke, Grohe. Cheapo but canny? Toolstations range!
John :)

Franke or Grohe again. Good quality and when they do go wrong in the future, spares should be available.

Not British, I'm afraid. Just don't mention the war!

Sponsored Links
Bristan are good, what sort of issues have you had..

I am buying roca, and I have to say from what I see they seem good so far...

I fit lots of Bristan and have only had one problem immediately after installing a sink mixer. Bristan's backup was excellent and they soon had one of their plumbers around to sort the tap. Good spares backup with them too.

Only my recommendation but I get sick to death of these ruddy ceramic 1/4 turn jobbies.......fine if you can get replacements when they fail but I still prefer the compression rubber washer taps. Not as glamourous maybe, but a hell of a lot cheaper.
Quality taps? Franke, Grohe. Cheapo but canny? Toolstations range!
Just buy an installers kit, there are only four splines on the UK market, as many disks in each size + gaskets. Hardly rocket biology :D

Never heard of such a thing, Gav.....most of the taps I get to see must come from Aldi or somewhere. Never had success yet - even Lunns could get nowhere near.

B&Queue Plumbsure are a real time saver. They don't work to start with so you can save hours of future problem solving by not installing them in the first place.
:LOL:

Grohe it is, thank you.

My problems with Bristan? We had taps and mixers changed in 2 bathrooms, and a utility room so 6 taps and two mixers

Three of the single taps would not shut off and required the cartidges to be changed. One mixer would not switch from tap outlet to shower, the other had a pinhole leak in the body of the tap and as it was the mains side of the valve constantly emitted an incredibly fine jet of water, so small it took us a month to realise where the damp was coming from. That unit was firstly photographed squirting and the pictures sent to Bristan. It was subsequently returned at their request (the units supposedly carried a five year guarantee, they were about 4 months old). They replied saying no fault was found, offering no resolution to any of the other problems. The plumber who fitted the taps did not supply us with the purchase receipt from the supplier, and so Bristan refused to deal with us further demanding proof of purchase. The plumbers mobile was subsequently answered by an extremely irate female and we never found where he lived, other than somewhere in Chesham, so we never got the receipt. £700 wasted pretty much....

.......hence my caution this time around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back