Tap spacer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit a Watersmith mono tap to a stainless sink. There is a triangular plastic spacer supplied which the instructions say is for use if the sink is less than 35mm thick. Mine obviously is thinner than this but the spacer will not sit flat under the sink due to the shape of the sink in this area. The thread on the fixing rod is threaded over its full length so I am not sure why the spacer is required. The only thing I can think of is that it provides rigidity around this area for thin sinks. If this is the case, I can trim it down slightly to fit within the contours of the sink. Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is to help provide support / stop the tap wagging about when it is used. Shape the spacer so it makes a decent fit.

Guessed this was possibly the case. I will trim accordingly. Did question the "less than 35mm" bit. It would be some serious sink that was thicker than that. My old composite sink was only a few mm thick. Perhaps they mean 3.5mm? Thanks anyway.

Sponsored Links
They believe its going to be fitted directly into the worktop and are covering their butt as so many sinks these days are flimsy as hell. Just shape the spacer to suit, as you've have discussed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back