Sanity Check on Tap Reviver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some 3/4" "Bath" tap revivers from Screwfix, went to fit them, but although they went on, the seat was too deep, so they didn't stop the water.

The photo shows (from l-r) old bath tap, new screwfix reviver, and old sink tap

I used them for the sink taps and they fitted/worked fine.

There didn't seem to be any "spacers" with them so, looking round, I found Bristan ones which say they *do* come with spacers.

Am I right in thinking they would they "do the trick". The alternative is to get some complete replacement taps which wouldn't cost an awful lot more..

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You need to pop into an independent plumbing shop who normally hold different types in stock,make sure to to take the tap head with you as they need to size this up as well

One universal reviver will not work on every single tap unfortunately.Good luck

Tap revivers are usually designed to fit taps that conform to either BS1010 or BS5412 and come with the adaptors to enable this.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies - I did wonder if I was hoping too much for an "easy answer"...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back