Tap Reviver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone come across a tap reviver with a depth of over 32mm?

http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/WEB_DATA-1063225-D1.PDF

I have come across some taps that are at least forty years old with a seat depth of 40mm.

The head has snapped off and taps are very difficult to change:

The bath panel is black ceramic (or something similar ?) and is impossible to remove without lifting cusion floor and plyboard sheeting so tap revivers are the best option if possible.

Sponsored Links
no have not but try it anyway it may be cheepest option
but bath pannel should be removable as u may get leak under their

especial if tap moves when your putting strain on it

Sponsored Links
That bath panel could be compressed glass Vitralite, very difficult to remove without damaging it.

I've snapped at least one of them. :oops:

These old taps (mixertaps?) can be a nightmare when you start putting modern revievers in them, had one a few years ago where she rang back every few months, the thread kept bottoming out and not turning off.

That bath panel could be compressed glass Vitralite, very difficult to remove without damaging it.

I've snapped at least one of them. :oops:

These old taps (mixertaps?) can be a nightmare when you start putting modern revievers in them, had one a few years ago where she rang back every few months, the thread kept bottoming out and not turning off.

me too - can imagine the taps would be a right b***** to change aswell - good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back