Tap tread extender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting in a new kitchen and the new sink bowel is slightly larger than the old one. I have changed a lot of the hot water plumbing which is copper and added a service valve etc, the cold water hose is attached to a lead pipe and I really don't want to touch it.

The problem is the flexi hose from the lead pipe only just about reaches the new tap. Is there such thing as a tap tread extender? The tap is a standard Peglar mixer tap with the standard large treads on them.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can't as it is attached to a lead pipe, the nut that secures it is seized and I cannot put any more force on it in fear of breaking the lead pipe.

Push a small length of 15mm copper into the tap and use a 15mm nut and olive, then use a 15mm male iron into the end of the existing flexi and nip that end onto the copper.

Sponsored Links
Turn off the mains outside,chop your lead pipe,buy a `leadlock` fitting which connects to your lead pipe and can connect to any copper size pipe that you may require. Job done. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back