tarmac drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, other than using a jetwash, is there any way I can breathe some life into a dull tarmac drive, eg can it be coloured or dyed in any way ???
cheers, Mike

Sponsored Links
Can't be dyed as the dyed is done first when mixing with bitumen. Painting is possible I think because they paint yellow and white line on road which is done by heating the paint.

its not quite "paint" as in imulsion or gloss for the yellow lines

if he paints yellow lines on his drive, he wont be able to park on there. If he paints the whole thing yellow he'll need sunglasses! The paint is called thermoplastic (great name!) and needs fairly high temperatures to apply it.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I think they also use fine recycle glass particle for harder wearing.

Get "Drive Seal" from B&Q, Homebase, etc., in black.
I give my drive a coat every year and as well as putting life into the color, it seals the tarmac so water runs off easier and makes it easier when sweeping. It does work, it covered over white stone paint that was spilled on my drive.

The glass beads are to add reflectivity to the line at night time.

-Neil

Ahhh, I thought it was to make the paint harder wearing :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back