Tea towel solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm on my second one of these now. The bracket is too weak over time and breaks in the bend. hopefully as shown in the picture.

The ideal solution would be for the bracket to be made of steel or something. Are there tradesmen out there who could do a steel replica? I don't really want to be drilling new holes into the side of the unit if I can help it. Not sure what to do.

John

Attachments

• 20230320_133216.jpg
    20230320_133216.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230320_133222.jpg
    20230320_133222.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
Stop putting up aluminium rubbish, get a proper steel one - there are hundreds of designs out there.

Does the break occur where that slot is on the back of the plate?
If so, you could try cutting and fitting a thin steel plate across the back. Use the central fixing screw to hold it in place. By being held in place against the bottom half, the top part will push against the upper surface if the bracket and should resist any bending of the original bracket

The break is just about to happen again in the middle of the back plate that you can see in photo 2.

Sponsored Links
When it breaks get yourself a few of these hooks instead.
I have used these for years and they work very well.

When it breaks get yourself a few of these hooks instead.
Or these.

7EDB70E1-DDAB-4E8D-8DE3-3C5A47D0BED1.jpeg

Many people know the story of how the invention of 'cats eyes' came about when the reflection of a cats eyes were reflected in a cars headlamps but what many don’t know was that this type of tea towel holder came about because someone else, at exactly the same time, was travelling in the opposite direction!

And that's why you love hanging the tea towels up for Mrs Mottie. :rolleyes: :LOL::LOL:

Just sometimes, problems are easier than you imagine to fix! £5 from amazon, two minute job and the missus is happy. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20230330_092217 (002).jpg
    20230330_092217 (002).jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 62

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back