Technology apace.

Bernard surely then your reply to my post should have been made before I'd actually posted it? ;)

Sponsored Links
Do we have to get into discussions of velocity modified rates of passing time on a Friday evening. My brain isn't up to and the di-lithium crystals were mistaken for bath salts so I can't do any experimental work.

about ten pounds of thrust.

Does that answer the question you are going to post tomorrow?

Sponsored Links
I don't know at this moment in your time, but I will know yesterday in my passage of time so you I can confirm the answer when a tomorrow on your time line corresponds to a yesterday on my time line.

Some matter has no mass ;)

how can matter have no mass.

i think you are confusing the words 'weight' and 'mass'.

No, not confused. Photons are currently accepted to have no mass, but they move and have energy and take up space and are therefore matter, I use the word currently, because this is not proven at this time.

There have been a number of modifications to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, and the specific reason for this is to try and explain some of the currently inexplicable areas with regard to the Standard Model of particular physics.

So the absolute answer to your question is that I don't know, but then neither do the boffins :LOL:

I only know of three states of matter:
1. Matalan
2. whats the matter you hey!
and my favourite
3. matterHorn

So the absolute answer to your question is that I don't know, but then neither do the boffins :LOL:

the boffins also say that travelling light has momentum! eh? ffs.

i agree with you pjhlybloke, these boffins don't half talk waffle. ;)

:LOL: In one. The latest theory is the "String Theory" everything is tied together by particulate "string". :rolleyes:

Maybe only Smarties have the answer? :LOL:

It has been proven by Jet Propulsion Labs ( working with NASA ) that shining a beam of light from a space craft produces an extremely small but significant thrust on the craft is if the light source was a rocket motor.

That suggests mass in the light beam. If there was no mass in the light beam then there could be no force exerted on the light beam. If no force is exerted on the light beam there cannot be any equal and opposite force exerted on the space craft.

But there is no apparent loss of mass in the space craft so this could be taken to mean that energy feeding the light source is being turned in mass in the form of light.

yes the theory behind solar wind sails, they reckon they would bring the spacecraft to a fraction of light speed!

Sponsored Links
Back