Tee Shower Waste into Bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

For reasons I won't go into, I need to rejig the existing shower drainage and have just noticed that the bath 50mm drain pipe runs alongside the showerbase, elbeit on the other side of the wall.

I am contemplating tee-ing the shower drainage into the bath drainage, but am concerned that a vacuum when one is draining will affect the trap in the other?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
You can, but i'd be using a HepVo valve on the shower waste before it connects to the bath. Once waste starts to clog up over time there is a risk the contents of the bath could reappear in the shower, and worst case scenario, shower tray overflows onto the floor. (I've known it happen..... :eek: )

You can, but i'd be using a HepVo valve on the shower waste before it connects to the bath. Once waste starts to clog up over time there is a risk the contents of the bath could reappear in the shower, and worst case scenario, shower tray overflows onto the floor. (I've known it happen..... :eek: )

Hugh, once again helping me out - what can I say but thanks. Appreciate your help on my other thread too, which is why i'm asking this, trying to find a way to alleviate the a) immediate problem of downstairs shower drainage and b) make the broken gully redundant.

Good point on the bath filling up the shower (and floor!) not something i had considered!! I will check out the valve but may be safer to run two parallel 50mm pipes.

Cheers

Albeit.

You must ensure that there is enough fall in the shower waste pipe for it to flow away.

Sponsored Links
Seperate wates, (2 pipes) would be my preferred option, eliminates the risk of backflow into the shower. Baths and showers only need 40mm waste though. ;)

To add, should you go with the external route for the 110mm soil replacement for the WC (as per other thread) then the wastes could be connected to that using boss connections and remove the need for the gulley altogether.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back