Teeing off for extra radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Post Xmas all!!

Quick question is there enough space here to tee in and send pipes through to other room for a radiator to be fitted

Not too fussed about surface mounted pipe on skirting board etc as easier than taking laminate up.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20201228_072933.jpg
    20201228_072933.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 20201228_073329.jpg
    20201228_073329.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 241
Sponsored Links
Depends whether you want to go through the skirting board. If not, you may have to raise the rad up a few inches. That’s my unprofessional view. :whistle:

Quick question is there enough space here to tee in and send pipes through to other room for a radiator to be fitted

There looks as if there is space enough to fit a soldered T at each end, below the valve yet passing the extra pipe through the wall directly behind and above the skirting. You will need to mark it for cutting carefully, plus move the pipes to one side whilst you drill the holes(SDS) directly behind the present pipes. The holes need to be 25mm, to allow a 22mm pipe to be used to sleeve the hole for the 15mm.

Sponsored Links
Cheers all :)

Will get a plumber out when i am ready, not too bothered about surface mounted or through the skirting as hidden by cover etc

Have a good new year

Why on earth would you not tee off under the floor, what are the floors like in each room). In my opinion I’d suggest going under the floor as it will look a lot neater (I have a feeling most plumbers you call in will suggest that also) unless one of your floors is a no go such as concrete or tiles etc.

Why on earth would you not tee off under the floor, what are the floors like in each room). In my opinion I’d suggest going under the floor as it will look a lot neater (I have a feeling most plumbers you call in will suggest that also) unless one of your floors is a no go such as concrete or tiles etc.

The thing was, the OP suggested he had laminate he didn't want to disturb.

Solid concrere floor on other side of the room, so ideally not possible to go under and save ripping up all the laminate in the kitchen side.

Cheers :)

I'd take the skirting off, unless you have up/down play on the existing tails to the rad... You'll never get the T in and be able to solder the centre port that goes through the wall... At very least, without scorching the skirting board! You don't need sleeves either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back