Telecom Urmet 1138/3 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my son moved to a flat which has a faulty Urmet Digivoice 1138/3 door telecom system. The buzzer and door release do not work. However, if you pickup the handset, you could communicate with the outside entry unit fine. We tried to replace the telecom with the new Urmet 1138/4 but we seem to have the same problem. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the problem would be highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What model is the power supply unit ? Sounds like you have lost the ac side of the psu,if it's a dual 12vac/ 6vdc psu. It may be a simple as replacing a fuse .

Thank you for your input. Where is the power supply unit located as all what we have in the flat upstairs is the cables coming out of the wall, similar to a telephone line cable. The telecom is wired with 4 designated wires (FA orange, FB orange/white, 0V blue & CA blue/white).

Is it a rental flat ? And how many flats in your block ? The digi voice is a digital system normally used on larger systems

Sponsored Links
It is a big building I would say 50+ flats but he bought the flat. Initial assistance from management company did not yield any success. I'm trying to save him hefty bill as they suspected the Telecom set to be faulty but it doesn't seem the case. Would there be one central box with power to support all flats?

Would get back on to them, I would look into what you pay in your service charge and what it covers !

Not sure if it will be covered as my son had a chat with one service guy a while back who told him it would cost over £250 to fix the telecom. It's a shame as we didn't spot the problem until well after exchanging the contracts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back