Tell Us Your (Or Someone Else's) Plumbing Nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's mine.

Not long been in the game, when I was replacing some rads at a nice house for a very posh lady.

One of the 2 metre long double rads in the lounge was being replaced due to rust around the valve tail holes and bleed screw. Anyhow, because the area around the bleed screw was so rusty and cruddy, I couldn't unscrew it. So I drained what I thought was the contents of the rad. At the time I didn't think there was much water in the rad.

As I lifted the old rad off the wall, and swung the rad around to head for the door, I found out that because I hadn't been able to undo the bleed screw, there was still plenty of water in the rad. The slight swinging/rotating motion was enough to break the vacuum that was holding the remaining water in the rad.

This water, well black, tar-like fluid, shot out of the unvalved end of the rad and across the room, up the wall, and onto the part of the beige carpet that wasn't covered with sheets.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This site is getting surreal we have soggyweetabix{penfold46) having a go at dickpuller (plumberplumber) for using different names

i had a plumbing nightmare recently, when our plumber came round to 'plumb in' our new cooker.... the job went ok, the nightmare was when he told me how much it was going to cost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Had a U tube blocked up with gunk, and my gal, who is handy at DIY decided to remove it, to clean it out.

U tube off sink, obviously full of water, she went to pour the water from it down the sink, that was obviously now without a U tube.

Me and son, shouted at the same time, in seemingly slow motion "Noooooooooooo", I think she **** her nicks. :LOL:

My daughter still lives with the consecuences of a plumbing job done by somebody, who is still learning to be a plumber. It wasn't her choice, the landlord called him to change a broken tap in the bathroom. Well, the fellow didn't fix the tap properly, it rotated freely, the pop-up waste wasn't connected at all, and cold and hot supply was swaped. I fixed those when visited a week after that. But the worst thing was that the guy washed the silicone from his tools and hands in the kitchen sink. Now there is a blockage somewhere down the pipes (it's a block of flats). We tried to unblock it with an augur and all sort of chemicals to no avail. Fortunately she is moving soon. I don't know what they teach the kids in the colleges. It seems so obvious that you should't let silicone go in the pipes :(

Sponsored Links
Back