temp electric supply to shed summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Weve just had a very small summerhouse put up in the garden and Im wondering if theres a safe but temporary way to have electricity in there.
might want to have a heater in winter and poss a lamp , but really not much else.

I wondered if a cable reel or something similar to a caravan hook up is in any way viable.
please forgive my ignorance .
cheers
:!:

Sponsored Links
Hi all.
Weve just had a very small summerhouse put up in the garden and Im wondering if theres a safe but temporary way to have electricity in there.
might want to have a heater in winter and poss a lamp , but really not much else.

I wondered if a cable reel or something similar to a caravan hook up is in any way viable.
please forgive my ignorance .
cheers
:!:

Using it over each winter is not really temporary use. I recommend having a proper supply installed. Maybe two double sockets and a light.

Many ways to do that but it depends upon proximity to your consumer unit or proximity to a socket to take a spur from. Either way it needs to be done by a registered electrician unless you want to go down the building control rout.

Is it temporary? or will this end up being permanent?
Having trailing flex/leads or cable is not advisable, if your intention is to have permanent power in the summerhouse, go down the route of having it safely and correctly installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back