Summerhouse / Workshop electrics

Might be a silly question but if I wanted external lighting would I be better to run a seperate circuit or would it be ok to be a part of the internal circuit too?
You can have both internal and external lighting on same circuit, could be wise to have the external lighting operated by a two pole switch though, so if there was ever a fault on the external part, you can isolate the supply without having to isolate the internal part or have power-loss through MCB/RCD trips.

Sponsored Links
Might be a silly question but if I wanted external lighting would I be better to run a seperate circuit or would it be ok to be a part of the internal circuit too?
You can have both internal and external lighting on same circuit, could be wise to have the external lighting operated by a two pole switch though, so if there was ever a fault on the external part, you can isolate the supply without having to isolate the internal part or have power-loss through MCB/RCD trips.
Good idea! Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back