Temporarily repairing really bad crazy paving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I will say straight up that this is not my area of expertise so forgive any moronic questions.

Basically in a nutshell me and my partner rent a house and we have a 3 year old daughter. The garden (in the loosest sense of the term) is about 25 feet and crazy paved but is in a very bad state, big potholes, gaps, large chunks missing from the concrete etc. Please see photo below although its worth further up the garden. Now we do not want to rock the boat with the landlord as we rent for a good price and really dont want (cant afford) the rent to go up. However we would also like our little girl to be able to play outdoors this summer without fear of her tripping and knocking out her teeth we clean so well every day!!

So, in short, my question is, is there a way to fill in all the chunks and gaps in between the stones and smooth out the paving easily without taking it all up? This is not meant to be a proper, decent long lasting job, just something that will last at least for the summer months. We know the landlord would be fine with us repairing it ourselves but obviously we are not going to spend out to get it done properly but it would be nice to not feel like we are walking over a building site!

Is it just a simple case of knocking up some cement and filling all the holes? Would this last for any length of time or would it all pop out like concrete plugs after a week or so?

Again, sorry for the silly questions but any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• DSC_0058_1ddd.jpg
    DSC_0058_1ddd.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,728
Sponsored Links
for what you need, Just knock up some compo and trowel it in. That's what happens where I work and we drive 5 ton forklifts over it! (lasts about two days, but your daughter isn't going to be that heavy)

Sponsored Links
Get the council to do a HHSRS inspection, and get the paving done for free within days.

That's not crazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back