Tempus 7 operation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My sons existing system uses a Tempus 7 from about the mid nineties vintage.

Seems to work ok when set to timed intervals a day

He has tried to set it to Once a Day but now heating is on at all times.

Im suggesting that there will be a sequence for the ON OFF time settings, but i cant find a download for Tempus 7 controllers of any vintage.
Can anyone help with this please?

Alternatively i have a Tempus 7 controller (about 10 years old) in my garage. I changed to a combi setup 4 years ago

Will the later 7 fit on older Backplate without wire changes? if so can someone point me at instructions for this model also please?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Virtually all devices of that period had the 'once' times as from the 1st on to the 2nd off, ignoring the 1st off and the 2nd on.
Effectively just filling in the gap between the two times used for 'twice'.

As for backplates - they are all standard. Exactly which standard is another matter, but the terminals are usually marked on the plate, device or both.

Cheers flameport
just to be sure in my getting older head, if i want it on at 9am to go off at 1pm
i set 1st on at 9am

set 2nd off at 1pm

what if anything do i enter into 1st off and 2nd on?

sorry for appearing dull but sometimes old clock/programmers drove me daft.

Cheers and thanks

I can't remember the exact details of the Tempus 7 but I don't remember it being different to other programmers. The sequence with most programmers is

1) 1st on time
2) 1st off time
3) 2nd on time
4) 2nd off time

For example with the programmer set to:

1st on time 9:00am
1st off time 10:00am

2nd on time 11:00am
2nd off time 1:00pm

When set to 'timed' the heating will only be on between 9 to 10 and then again from 11 to 1.

When set to 'once' the heating will be on from the first setting to the last setting ie 9 to 1. It will simply ignore the middle two settings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back