Tennis Elbow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an aching elbow with a bit of pain that I put down to muscle ache from working.

Today I noticed a lump appears when I tilt my wrist up, it's bigger on the sore side and tender to touch.

Does that look like tennis elbow? Has anyone ever had it and how long did it last?

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Ive had it and its to do with the tendons in your forearm. If you actually put pressure on the tendons in a certain spot the pain eases - hence the pressure pad elastic bandage available for the condition.

Yes.

A few months or the rest of your life, depending on whether you rest it or not.

You can have a cortisone injection in it for short term relief. The injection contains local anaesthetic to relieve the pain of the injection. However it has no effect on the speed of recovery.

It is caused by gripping something tightly while under impact. For example a large chisel while it is being hit with a heavy hammer, or pulling on something while you try to knock it loose.

Thanks

Sounds like it will be from gripping my spade, or showering when I get home ;)

I've just typed it in e-bay so I'll try a support, thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Mine was very sporadic and only lasted for a short period. The pressure support worked a treat.

I had it for a couple of years on and off. One side started and stopped then about a year later the other one started.

This looks more like bursitis, than tendonitis. Ice pack and anti-inflammatory pain killers should help. If you regularly use hammer power tools it could be the bone leaking. This happened to my brother in law who does cavity wall filling. He ended up needing an operation and I'm currently helping him with his compensation claim. Its probably worth seeing a doctor for confirmation.

With tendonitis, which I used to get a lot doing bodybuilding, I'd personally suggest that resting and compression only gives a short term remedy. As soon as you start using it again, it comes back. I found dumbbell rotations and stretching eventually fixes it. (but you don't have tendonitis is my guess).

Sponsored Links
Back