terraced house built 1910 approx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, my daughter has just got herself a mid terrace house built around 1910, it was a mortgage repossession, so as you can imagine i have had to do a lot of work in it, replacing rads plumbing etc, however the question i have relates to building
i wonder if i could pick someones brains, at the back of the house the kitchen and upstairs bathroom come off at right angles to the house, there is a large towel rail in the upstairs bathroom, which in most cases would be perfectly adequate, however it is so cold in there, the loft is lagged, and when you touch the exterior wall on the inside it is very cold,
question is this
do you think that there is likely to be a cavity in this wall that i could fill with blown fibres, or would it be a case of dry lining regards dave

Sponsored Links
Measure the window reveals or external door reveals to ascertain wall thickness. If they are measuring only 10" including plaster then you have no cavity.

Insulation can be achieved by either dabbing (dry wall adhesive) or fixing (to battens) insulated plasterboards to the existing walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back