Terrazo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got 20 metres of 400x400x22mm terrazzo to fix onto a badly screeded floor that has a hot water underfloor heating system. Now, i have been faithful to BAL for years now but was wondering what some of you other fixers would use for adhesive/latex. The floor needs a smoothing compound laying and BAL have recommended BAL Ultrabase. For the adhesive they recommend BAL PTB Flexible. Bearing in mind the condition of the screed (going from nothing up to 30mm!) im going to use a lot of sticky. Great materials but pricey. Any other brands/types?

Sponsored Links
only two addy i have worked with for underfloor heating have been
bal ptb and mapei keraflex max..in saying that think mapei actually have an other one to, think it "S" something.
for slc for that screed 0-30mm again mapei p4 this only goes up to 20mm tho.
give them a call mate worth looking into. ;)

ardex to, but not fixed with that for ages worth a punt to call them also.
have you tried F BALL as well for slc?

RE the leveling/smoothing compound, i will be laying this just to smooth floor over and then use the adhesive to level floor. Bit a*se about face but thats the way i prefer to work. Never used Mapei as i do not know any local stockists to me in Nth London. Going to find one to see the price difference and also what the Mapei products are like to work with. Time for change me thinks, Mapei here i come!

Sponsored Links
CTD have been stocking mapei for a while now. dont know if they have any branches in london tho mate "bit to south for me" :LOL:

re mapei when i have worked with it,i have found it just as good as bal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back