Terrible plaster finish

Whether you start from the top or the bottom has nothing to do with it,, it's a very rough job, and he's better leaving plastering to a plasterer. How good is the chippy too, if he recommended the chancer. Pay him for the materials he bought, pay him for the boarding, but tell him he'll get nothing for the plasterwork, because you really will need someone to sort out the mess he made, and that'll cost YOU money.

Sponsored Links
Whether you start from the top or the bottom has nothing to do with it,, it's a very rough job, and he's better leaving plastering to a plasterer. How good is the chippy too, if he recommended the chancer. Pay him for the materials he bought, pay him for the boarding, but tell him he'll get nothing for the plasterwork, because you really will need someone to sort out the mess he made, and that'll cost YOU money.

Agree with this entirely
Pay for the materials and if you feel the boarding he did was ok then you can pay him for that.
Ask for a lots of materials needed for the boarding etc log into one of the sheds like wickes etc and look at the pricing for plastering gear so you have a rough idea if he's trying to do you when he says the materials cost x amount

As a side note whether or not these rough patches are in you eyeliner or not once you know they are there you will be drawn to them and will make it worse anyway but either way whether you start from top, middle or bottom it doesn't matter the work should still be to of a high standard!

Your employing him to do a job and if your not happy your entitled to be pulling him up about it and showing him the door if he's not up to it
Being peed off is his problem
If he had done the job correctly then there would be no issue from either party!

What you have to bear in mind is what roughcaster mentioned it is going to cost you to have it put right so you need to account for that

It really grates on me and if I was in your area I would have come and helped you out and sorted it for you
I really feel for people who get what they think is a good pro in (whatever trade) and they make a dogs dinner

Hi greenbean Im in kent if your need a hand that finish is dog rough im sorry to say with out having to reaskim it all agen but not knowing how or what he has done before the next guy turns up snagging mite just be the fastest and best bet i hate to say but with out seeing it in person Steve will vouch for me both mine and Steve's work are top notch.
If you want any help or advice MSG me thanks....

Thanks everyone for all the replies- we are paying him his materials but not labour. We have someone lined up to complete the work, he comes recommended by several people and we've seen his work so fingers crossed it will be right this time!

Sponsored Links
Good on you for standing up for yourself

I get sick of hearing people who have bad work done and are pressured by dodgy tradesmen to pay up

These fly by traders should be well and truly hunted down and stopped it gives the rest of us a bad name

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back