Terrified of alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We moved into our house last year and have left the alarm switched off, as in, its not "set" when we go out. We have no idea what zones etc are configured, but we do have the code for deactivating/activating it.

I've set it off a few times as I had to remove the PIR sensor things and I just pulled them out of the sockets, didn't realise I probably had to "tell" the computer that I was about to remove them and it went off with a tamper warning.

Is it normal to be afraid of the system and how can i over come this fear. Wife is scared of it too.

Maybe i should call a engineer out and get him to show us how it works and maybe also to rezone it... currently we have panels in the garage, boiler room and kitchen. PIR in every room and a clap/window break sensor in bathroom. I want to be able to move around the house at night and not feel like a prisoner!!

Is it wrong to feel this way!

Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
Haha thanks - thought I was a freak or something.

Cheers for the links and supportive comments, i'll beat this thing with the help of professionals. It would be good to have the garage alarmed etc at night, and maybe when we go away the whole house.. that sort of thing, so would be great to make use of it (prob circa 1994/5 but seems a expensive fit out at the time i guess).

Thanks
Mike

BTW i looked on the panel and its a ADT Modern series 6000. Where might i find a instruction manual for it please, if such a thing exists in PDF format? Would be good to read up before calling someone in.

Sponsored Links
Had to be a Aunty Daisy one didnt it!
Should have guessed, call them you pay shed loads!

They dont make panels, they stick their names on them!
Think the 6000 was the Scantronic 9800, or possibly the 9600.
What is the keypad display, red led or green lcd?

A picture would be the best.

We`ll talk you thru this, not to worry!

Modern 6000 - Galaxy 60

Series 1100 - Scantronic 9200
Series 2000 - ATG THRUST 7012
Series 3000 - Scantronic 9100 + ATG MX48
Series 3200 - Scantronic 9800
Series 3200+ - Scantronic 9827
Series 3400 - Scantronic 9600
Series 4000/4500/4502 - Scan 9500
Series 4250 - Audio Alarm Confirmation
Series 4502 - Scantronic 9500
Series 6000 - Galaxy 60

Thanks both!

I've attached a picture of the control panel - there are three of these in total. There are also 2 big white boxes in our cloakroom which are also related to the alarm.

ah big old mk2, advise not to mess with the programming on this bad boy

Right, 1st, that picture is the RKP (Remote Key Pad), in other words the on/off switch, or in your case the on/off switches.

The two boxes you mention, one is the Control Panel, the other will be an additional power supply, possibly there will be a circuit expander (RIO) inside as well.

You can expect there to be a 12v 7Ah battery in each of the boxes.

Although the system is 'old' it's a Pro system, not really one for the amature to play with. One of the manuals that covers this box is is 193 pages, yea, 193 - not for the faint hearted!

Suggest you find a local firm to sort it for you, it is certainly flexible enough to do what you want and even things you can't imagine, good luck.

Euro is spot on m8, the 60 is a powerfull system deffo not to be messed with, you say your Terrified of the alarm, well you should be of this one if you cock up lol

OK thanks chaps, point taken. It does look a bit of work i must admit hence my fear.. it seems to be embedded in the house, x3 control panels and PIR sensors everywhere. I thought there was a clap sensor in the bathroom but it is a window smash sensor. There are two panic buttons too - an old dear who lived here before so maybe she was scared living on her own.

Anyway mucho gracias for the info - i'll call a local firm when funds allow.

Attached a pic of the two boxes btw.. i figure one of these has the battery in it then as when i pull the power at the CU, the control panel trips over to battery. Batts were replaced a couple of years ago luckily dread to think what they cost.

Cheers.

top panel is the g60 system, bottom is a psu, probs with rio or digi inside, looks like a 9100 caseing? with no keypad, what do you think euro??

Holy sh** you mean there are more buttons inside those boxes? :D

I must admit i tried to take off the cover of the top box to have a looksee inside and all hell went loose with alarms so i panicked entered the code a few times and then it cleared... anti tamper i assume. Triggered it again when i pulled off the PIR cover and i havent had the guts to touch it since!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The PIR is still naked in our newly decorated room.

OK time for the professionals :)

Holy sh** you mean there are more buttons inside those boxes? :D

I must admit i tried to take off the cover of the top box to have a looksee inside and all hell went loose with alarms so i panicked entered the code a few times and then it cleared... anti tamper i assume. Triggered it again when i pulled off the PIR cover and i havent had the guts to touch it since!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The PIR is still naked in our newly decorated room.

OK time for the professionals :)

LOL No there wont be any bottons inside the psu, its just the box looks very like a scantronic 9100 blank end-station, could be wrong tho, as i'm only 28 lol, the 9100 was the very first system i worked on when i was 16 ;)

So whats the keypad displaying now?? manager or engineer reset??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back