Terry Techno.

It doesnt make sense that embedded video would use bandwidth from the sites host , unless it downloaded to the host first and then onto you pc , which would be quite daft.
If you had a talk talkl connection like i do it would be slow, even though they insist that it isnt.
Drawn in by The Hoff when they were Pipex then let down a bag full when they got bought by Talk Talk. :(

Sponsored Links
Back to my origional post - If I want to watch YouTube, I'll visit their site. If DIYNot want to host YouTube, it's upto them.

Back to my origional post - If I want to watch YouTube, I'll visit their site. If DIYNot want to host YouTube, it's upto them.
And your point is? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I've stated it twice, which part did you fail to understand?

If I want to view YouTube films, to my own liking, then I will visit the website YouTube. What would someone foist their personal clips onto me, on a site that isn't YouTube? Plus the fact that they are streamed through this site, rather than linked, which uses bandwidth, which the site owner pays for, which eventually means that this forum is a paid for forum, rather than free...

But if you can't understand simple text, or the reason why I've said what I've said twice, to enable you to understand, then maybe looking at pictures is your forte?

If I want to view YouTube films, to my own liking, then I will visit the website YouTube. What would someone foist their personal clips onto me, on a site that isn't YouTube? Plus the fact that they are streamed through this site, rather than linked, which uses bandwidth, which the site owner pays for, which eventually means that this forum is a paid for forum, rather than free...

But if you can't understand simple text, or the reason why I've said what I've said twice, to enable you to understand, then maybe looking at pictures is your forte?

The embedded videos do not use the websites hosts bandwidth, you tube still hosts them, you are using you tubes bandwidth.

Sponsored Links

The embedded videos do not use the websites hosts bandwidth, you tube still hosts them, you are using you tubes bandwidth.

I'd think, as the site plays the video, rather than a link, that it uses the sites bandwidth, as opposed to a link, but if you know better, then I accept that.

I like the videos posted on here, the MODS aren't flapping so why should you

saves opening a new tab on my browser, saves time so I love it

I'd think, as the site plays the video, rather than a link, that it uses the sites bandwidth, as opposed to a link, but if you know better, then I accept that.

I think you should accept your lack of understanding of technology and be quiet.

Regarding bandwidth Issues,
due to the fact that when posting a reply, DIYnot has kindly provided a Youtube tab to make it easy to add a youtube Video
then I would say it doesnt cause any problems at all
Admin could disable embedding anyway if they wanted to I would have thought

I think you should accept your lack of understanding of technology and be quiet.

Err that's exactly what I said? And was, until you piped up. You quoted me, then confirmed..shhh!

Sponsored Links
Back