Test and Trace - if someone calls you

Sponsored Links
But wouldn't one would sign up for this sort of shoite, with the intention of "taking instructions from an unknown individual over the phone "?:whistle:
More civilised countries have an automated system which sends a text inviting you to call a designated healthcare line offering you a test.

This of course relies on faith in a non centralised data collection system and a better educated population.

No wonder the UK won't ever get a working system!

More civilised countries have an automated system which sends a text inviting you to call a designated healthcare line offering you a test.

This of course relies on faith in a non centralised data collection system and a better educated population.

No wonder the UK won't ever get a working system!

"How NHS Test and Trace will contact you

You'll be contacted by email, text or phone.

Text messages will come from the NHS. Calls will come from 0300 0135000.

Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.

You'll be asked to sign in to the NHS Test and Trace contact tracing website at https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk.

If you cannot use the contact tracing website, they will call you.

Important
The NHS Test and Trace service will not:

• ask for bank details or payments
  • ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
  • ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
  • ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087"
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

If the NHS was directly dealing with my personal data I could think about entertaining them, but not a dodgy company with callers on minimum wage.
Personal details have become a commodity, I'm not going to give them to some unknown people with unknown background.
Differently if I was invited to contact my gp.
That would be the correct way to do it.

Sponsored Links
If the NHS was directly dealing with my personal data I could think about entertaining them, but not a dodgy company with callers on minimum wage.
Personal details have become a commodity, I'm not going to give them to some unknown people with unknown background.
Indeed...

"The number of contact tracers needed for COVID-19 is unprecedented so the Department of Health and Social Care has instructed the following organisations to help:"
  1. The NHS Business Services Authority, an arm’s-length body of the Department of Health and Social Care, which is managing the contracts with NHS Professionals, Serco UK and SITEL Group
  2. NHS Professionals, a limited company owned by the Department of Health and Social Care, which is recruiting and managing registered medical professionals to trace and provide public health advice to the contacts of people with COVID-19
  3. Serco UK, a private company, which is providing additional staff to call the contacts of people with COVID-19 and provide advice on self-isolation
  4. SITEL Group, a private company, which is also providing additional staff to call the contacts of people with COVID-19 and provide advice on self-isolation
  5. Amazon Web Services, a private company, which is providing the secure storage location for the information collected by NHS Test and Trace

You think it would be a good use of GP time to perform Test and Trace?

well i shall not get tested
or have any tracing app what ever that is :confused:

any one phones me about this caper and they will get told to go and do one ;):cool:

Yes. They're sitting back in their empty surgeries, feet on desk, faffing around on social media and clock-watching.
Exactly.
To speak to one of them I had to threaten the receptionist to report them to gmc.
She put the phone down on me.
I went to the (closed) surgery and started banging at the door.
Through the letterbox words were exchanged and eventually while i was there a doctor called me, but not from the surgery, from home!
Working hard!
Such is their interest in patients that i know people who have stocked up on all sorts of medications by looking at symptoms online and getting telephone consultation with the receptionist?!?!?!
What a load of ****e!

Exactly.
To speak to one of them I had to threaten the receptionist to report them to gmc.
She put the phone down on me.
I went to the (closed) surgery and started banging at the door.
Through the letterbox words were exchanged and eventually while i was there a doctor called me, but not from the surgery, from home!
Working hard!
Such is their interest in patients that i know people who have stocked up on all sorts of medications by looking at symptoms online and getting telephone consultation with the receptionist?!?!?!
What a load of ****e!

I can see why no-one in the surgery would wish to talk to you. A bit of attitude moderation might have helped.

I can see why no-one in the surgery would wish to talk to you. A bit of attitude moderation might have helped.
I am very moderate until someone says: "sorry, it doesn't matter you can't get out of bed, we have THE CORONAVIRUS" and puts the phone down.
Then on re-calling the pain takes over politeness.
But of course for all the weirdos out there who are lucky enough not to need a doctor, this not only is perfectly acceptable, but in patient interest.
Remember when they use to say that the NHS was established to serve the people?
Well, not anymore.
Now they just do us favours when they feel like it.
And we still pay tax to keep them afloat, 50% of their staff non operational.
What a lot of bollocx!

Sponsored Links
Back