Test certificate checking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Testers,
I got a NAPIT testing certificate after the extension. Council Rep wants to see it online. She says just tell me the when its Registered Online. She says Electricians should know how to Reg it,

I dont understand what is she asking. I called NAPIT and they verified the cert is Ok and Electrician is Reg with them. But they dont verify or put it online for public use.
Can any one throw some light on it.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
From what I am told the electrician uses an on line system to register the details with the scheme provider, who in turn has to inform the LABC and send you a compliance certificate I think there is a time limit of two weeks. As to if the scheme provider sends info to LABC on line or with paper I don't know. But as far as I am aware although all done on line it is not public domain.

The elctrician should do two things on completion:
1. He/she should produce a certificate of installation. You should have a copy to keep with your house documents. This is not what the council need.
2. The electrician has to register the notifable works with NAPIT. He goes on line and tells NAPIT that he has done the work./ He has 2 weeks to do this.
When the details are logged, NAPIT then informs the council online (that is what they need to finish the completion for your extension).
NAPIT also send you a paper notifcation (Certificate of Compliance) . Example below.

If the council (and you) have not had anything from NAPIT yet, then either the electrician has not logged the job on line (have you asked him), or its in the process.

Sample

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back