test equipment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recommend a good all in multifunction tester that meets the requirements of part p testing.Ta

Sponsored Links
I've got a seaward combi it vdoes all the tests. Only downside is it trips the rcd on earth fault loop impedance

wireyboy said:
can anyone recommend a good all in multifunction tester that meets the requirements of part p testing.Ta

Please don't not take this comment the wrong way, but are you qualified to be using such equipment? Used incorrectly, testing equipment can be very dangerous to people and property. Also you need to understand what the readings mean when you use it.

If your qualified, then I would say that Meggar Multitesters are currently the best on the market, I have used several makes recently, and the Meggar is certainly ahead of the game.

how do people get around the rcd tripping when testing..(ill wait before I say my method)

Sponsored Links
dw3101 said:
how do people get around the rcd tripping when testing..(ill wait before I say my method)
theoretically Fluke 1653, does no tripping tests, I'm sure about Zs don't remember about RCD, (does all the rest...)

As FWL_Engineer said. I use an Avo Meggar CM500 - doesn't trip the RCD. :LOL:

My combi has a low fault current test for Zs which doesnt trip the RCD. However it also doesn't give correct readings. I know this because put a main switch in place of the rcd and tested again. The results were almost half. A friend of mines tester also does exactly the same thing.

steve190 said:
As FWL_Engineer said. I use an Avo Meggar CM500 - doesn't trip the RCD. :LOL:

Excellent piece of kit, as it it's big brother. Good price, great support, easy to use software and damned hard to damage. The re-calibration is pretty reasonable as well.

Talking of calibration, I want to get my kit done - is there anything to choose between one company and another, other than price, convenience of shipping, time etc?

Presumably if they claim traceability to national standards any one is as good as another in terms of what they do?

Are there cowboys out there?

How important is familiarity with the model of tester?

Hope this doesn't count as topic-hijacking - it seems fairly related....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back