Testing R1 R2 on a ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody come up with a way of testing r1 r2 on a ring besides the time consuming method of disconnecting cables at sockets/fuse board and doing the figure 8 test ?

Sponsored Links
Use a plug in adaptor for the sockets so you don't need to unscrew them. You still need to cross R1 and R2 in the board.

Which is still the 'figure of eight'.

You'll always have to cross-connect L+N, measure resistance at all points then cross-connect L+CPC and measure resistance at all points (highest is R1+R2).

I normally use a plug in adaptor but in some cases readings start to vary due to the age of the socket outlets (PIR - I don't use second hand sockets-outlets!!) so sometimes there's no alternative but to unscrew the socket from the wall.

Sponsored Links
Has anybody come up with a way of testing r1 r2 on a ring besides the time consuming method of disconnecting cables at sockets/fuse board and doing the figure 8 test ?

I can't see any other way of doing it as any interconnections are not going to show up unless you do the cross connections at one point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back