Tevion Freeview PC Tuner Card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been after something like this for ages, just waiting for a good price to come along. This is in Aldi stores from this Thursday: http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_114.html

Any thoughts, anyone? It just looks a bit too good to be true for £30!

My intended use for it will be an el cheapo version of SkyPlus - i.e. leaving the computer on during the day to record various programmes from freeview channels, then watching them later at my leisure via the svhs TV-out on my graphics card.

To buy or not to buy - that is the question!

Sponsored Links
Well since nobody will have one of these yet it is hard to advise.

There is nothing to lose really if you can get your mits on one! Thursday morning will be busy in Aldi stores - and it is pension day you know!! :LOL:

I reckon you will get your money back on ebay if not more if you are disapointed. All I can say is I have a Pinnacle TV card (not freeview) and can do the same functions as described on the Aldi website and more. I hooked Sky up to it and was dissapointed with the quality of the recordings. TV is good though with good interface and auto tuning etc.. Wonder what software is supplied with this PCI card.

I say go for it and tell us all about your experiences. A bit of fun for £30. Make sure you have a spare serial connection for the remote receiver.

Best of Luck :D :D

Yep, I'm going to go ahead and buy it. I figure the quality must be quite good because it has a 3 year warranty as well. I will report back as soon as I've had chance to install and try it at the weekend...

(That is, of course, if I can get one - I've heard that these Aldi deals tend to fly out of the stores on a Thurs AM with fairly low stock levels!)

Sponsored Links
Just been there !! All ok. 10:05 16-3

Probably down for a short period?

The topic is titled :- Tevion Xpert TV7134 TV Tuner Crad

I hope 'Crad' is meant to read 'Card' ... Otherwise... :cry:

;)

empip said:
Just been there !! All ok. 10:05 16-3

Probably down for a short period?
Yes, just looked again and it was working - however the thread is 2 years old and is referring to an analogue TV card, this one is for Freeview Digital hence why I wanted it.

Anyway, I've bought one! :D

Too busy to install it until Saturday morning (have to run extra aerial cable to the PC location), but I'll let you know how I get on....

All installed and working great!

A few niggles during the install process, nothing insurmountable but it does mean I wouldn't recommend it for a complete PC novice. However, if you know what you're doing it's a piece of cake, and for £30 I really do rate it. All the recording functions work great too, including the option to "wake" your PC from hibernation mode, make a recording, and then power off again. Quality is good, even when exported to my TV via the SVHS-out on my video card. And, it recieves all freeview channels with no problem, even with my less-than-perfect aerial.

Bargain!!!

Sponsored Links
Back