Texcecom ricochet cold weather false alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , had a 64 ricochet system all good since 2019. Few years ago was getting false tampers changed batteries again all good.
2 nights ago shock sensor triggered alarm twice few hours apart ( no one caused this) so yesterday changed battery. On the sensor I "thought" it was battery was .350mv and swollen so obviously gone. However , I had gotten confused , this sensor did not trigger the alarm ( no idea why with such a low battery it didnt cause a trigger ) but the next shock along was the cause along. The battery on the sensor that triggered read 2.945v so surely ok?
Replaced anyhow and last night the next shock along on the other end of the large window went off again , presuming another false alarm.
( cant imaging someone would try and break in trigger an alarm and come back the next night knowing theres an active alarm and do the same )
The only thing I can think is the sudden colder weather here is affecting the sensors or the batteries? any ideas?
thanks all

Sponsored Links
On the Texecom forum there was a guide on what voltages to expect what. temperature does affect batteries and we suggest changing ever two years to avoid battery issues.

temperature can make things expand and contract and have no idea which device your using and if you have correctly adjusted the sensitivity.

Went to a house last week hard wired vibration sensors been in manyyears, but goes off when it’s windy but customer can see the frame bend……

Wireless battery issues allways happen in the early hours when the temperature drops

thanks , too many posts to find battery levels - at least for me.
Changed battery of second offending battery - ( felt cold) but read 2.935.
Would have hoped thats a sufficient voltage on a 3v but will research some more.
Batterys probaly are 1.5-2+ years old so despite reasonable voltage getting on bit.
If anyone stumbles across a 3v battery acceptable charge level link let me know

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back