Texecom 64W & Pyronix Deltabell X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there wonder if anyone can help. Recently had installed a Pyronix Enforcer kit with a Deltabell X Grade 3 which was working fine. The enforcer became faulty after 9 months so I replaced it with a Texecom 64W being the hard wired keypad still keeping the Deltabell X.

The alarm was fitted by a qualified approved installer however I have two problems:

1) The deltabell X keeps going of and doesnt light the the lightbox.

2) The keypads display intermitantly keeps strobing ever so slightly.

Any one suggest what the problem could be? Wiring has been checked at both ends.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a voltage issue , may be the crappy switch mode psu in texecom elite panels

Could the bellbox and keypad need resistors?

Hmm,

What was the issue with the enforcer?
This was installed by an installer?
It went faulty and replaced with a Texecom when and was that done by same installer?

Seems strange an installer would opt for a grade 3 bell on a grade 2 panel, especially as power is limited on the enforcer for the bell.

I would disconnect the bell wiring from the panel to start with.

Pictures of the wiring would useful.

Sponsored Links
Enforcer the wireless link between panel and sensors stopped working. As for enforcer its a myth works fine with Deltabell X no power issues its just people not understanding what they are actually installing!

Went for Texecom to work with smartcom as I lost faith with Enforcer. Love the Deltabell X much better than Odyssey.

Not had Deltabell X long but just need to know if the Bell will need resistors to overcome tamper circuit with it being the Grade 3 option. Enforcer didnt need resistors.

Why would it need resistors ? ....unless your talking about the trigger monitor resistors that some bell boxes need ....but you would know from day 1 as the bell would keep ringing untill resistor inserted !

The enforcer can only have a hardwired bell that works in alarm that is under 250mA, so most hardwired bells will work until the bell is rung unless they were in SCB mode, not sure what the standard SAB mode is on the DeltabellX.

interesting you went for another wireless panel given your wireless link stopped working. Although the ricochet can make it more viable I guess, but if it was working for 9 months before failing I would have liked to know why as it still be in warranty?

approved installer and you replaced it?

I cant see an installer leaving the Panel and bell in that state, power is a possibility as suggested but if you disconnect the power you can measure the stability of the power being supplied.

I contacted Pyronix techincal themselves who say a Deltabell X CAN be run quite easily without any power issues what so ever. Thats Pyronix themselves so if you disagree directly!!!

? Wouldn't be an issue on a texecom anyway only the enforcer has a limited psu output ...get the "Approved installer " back ..

Last edited:
Hi Pyronix don’t offer any support to end users so your an installer?

As for your comment that’s not what I said, the Pyronix enforcer has a 250mA limit for bells in alarm.

Pyronix will confirm to installers regarding power requirements of the enforcer, there are several ways of achieving compatibility. Bells less than 250mA in alarm in SAB mode external power or SCB mode not sure Low current brings many bell systems under the 250 mA.

Ie belll needs to be drawing less than 250mA in alarm, and As I said don’t know what the SAB of the delta x is, but I could look it up in minute.

The texecom bell power is 900mA or 1A depending on panel shouldn’t be an issue.

The power issue sparkymarka refers to is the failure of the PSU itself on The Texecom panel although that shouldn’t be as common as it once was.

I am suggesting taking things back and show wiring so it helps eliminate certain things. So the common issue is the panels aren’t working for some reason

What We don’t know is the history so trying to establish certain things.
Co operation is the quickest way to resolution usually.

I find it difficult to believe that an installer would leave things in such a mess, also after installed only 9 months you get another system installed because Original isn’t working.

Although that said it does happen. Doesn’t bother me who installed it to be honest, other than for a fuller picture.

You will see lots of issues being resolved, some easily some with pictures and some taken away privately to look into a greater detail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back