Alarm Panel Location?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on location for a pyronix enforcer alarm panel. I want to be able to wire it to a deltabell lightbox.

Is it simply have it installed in the attic as I can’t see me being able to wire it down to the hallway area?

thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
If there is no easy cable run for a wired bell, I have seen enforcers being installed in the loft before.

consider the user though, can they set it remotely?, are they using fobs?, if there’s a problem with the system will they be able to hear and read the panel...

Is there an airing cupboard or something similar on the landing that you could fit it to make it a bit more accessible and still have an easier cable run for the bell?.

If you place it away from the entry route you may want to consider an arming station.

I've got my panel in the airing cupboard upstairs and an arming station by the door and all seems to work well and main panel is easy to get to.
Before you install it all, I would put the panel and detectors roughly in place and scan to make sure the wifi signal is ok.

Sponsored Links
Airing cupboards are not ideal for the batteries in the panel ( if it’s a warm cupboard with hot water tank )

"airing cupboard", you are joking aren't you?

NEVER put a control panel OR an extra power supply in an airing cupboard, you will never stop replacing batteries the heat is too much for them.

When the cupboard is over loaded and the 'boxes' are getting covered up problems with cooked batteries is always accelerated.

Of course, if you don't mind being woken up at silly o'clock it won't be a problem.

"airing cupboard", you are joking aren't you?

NEVER put a control panel OR an extra power supply in an airing cupboard, you will never stop replacing batteries the heat is too much for them.

When the cupboard is over loaded and the 'boxes' are getting covered up problems with cooked batteries is always accelerated.

Of course, if you don't mind being woken up at silly o'clock it won't be a problem.

Hi
Here's how its installed in the cupboard, same place as the pro installed Stirling 10 I just took out.
Now you've mentioned about heat and the batteries, my genuine question is, What about bell box batteries when its south facing, the last bell box was up for about 9 years and never had a battery change and was still going strong?

Attachments

• IMG_6776.JPG
    IMG_6776.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 269
The external bellbox battery is not subjected to constant high temperatures outside !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back