as you can see zone was restored after 7 seconds

and I received following SMS messages sent by comGsm

Area:.B.. window kitchen Zone013 Alarm

and next SMSfrom comGsm with strange text

..ore..

----

anybody any idea what happened. thnx

Sponsored Links
your shock sensor activated and then restored not sure whst you saying about second text as very little information on it.

I know shock sensor was activated but I do not know if it was false activation or not or ... and as you can see zone was restored almost immediately after activation. Regarding second text all that was send by comGSm was that 3 letters ..ore..

For a shock sensor to go off it has to be activated.

if its going off all the time its definitely faulty / over sensitive, did you adjust the sensitivity as recommended in the manual for the device?

A shock will activate then will settle down unless its repeated blow after blow and the zone locks out.

A door contact will wait to see the door go open then closed to get activation and restore.

It was two seperate messages or one message split into two?

Not seen what you are referring to so cant be certain of the ...ore...

You can check to see if you have restores ticked in your reporting options its the only thing I can think of at present ending ore

Sponsored Links
It was first time since install(8 months) that shock sensor activated. Sensitivity is adjusted. Restores are ticked.

Thnx. Yes you' re right ore in second messages stands for restore. From some unknow reason only part of SMS came through. I simulated today hiting window only one time and I got same messages in log and through SMS, second one was complete this time.

Don't know why would anyone try to break through this window/door which are completely seen from street.

I have known things bing over sensitive, also known for someone to hit a window hard but not break it and set the shocks off and it doesnt happen often

Don't know why would anyone try to break through this window/door which are completely seen from street.

Postman/leaflet distributer tapping it as he walks past, bird flying into window, PVC moving and 'cracking' in the sun, my house makes noises when the sun is bright and the roof starts heating up!

at a customers yesterday doing an install says her house makes terrible noises heating up and cooling down, new build.

Thinking of moving because of it.

You can only do so much to ensure you get correct sensitivity and correct activations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back