Texecom Premier Elite - no alarm indication on App.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have had Texecom Premier Elite fitted for a month now, all working fine with app telling me when system is armed, disarmed and remote UDL started BUT

Today I had a false alarm while out and did NOT get an indication on the app - only realised when I got home and external sounder was activated. I know the app gets pretty bad press but is this common? checked the event log on the app which told me the alarm was activated 10 minutes before I arrived home.

I tried testing the app by deliberately arming system and then triggering an alarm but no indication on app. Event log below:

No Time Date Event Group Areas Description
0249 10:03:52 04/08/2016 Close . B C . Area(s) ARMED
0250 10:03:55 04/08/2016 Close A . . . Area(s) ARMED
0251 11:19:33 04/08/2016 Alarm A . . . Zone 013 Guard Alarm - Landing PIR Quad
0252 11:19:34 04/08/2016 Not Reported A . . . Bell Active
0253 11:19:34 04/08/2016 Not Reported A . . . Alarm Active
0254 11:19:43 04/08/2016 Restore A . . . Zone 013 Guard Restore - Landing PIR Quad
0255 11:28:49 04/08/2016 Not Reported A B . . Entry started by Zone 009 - Hall Contact Door Contact
0256 11:28:54 04/08/2016 Not Reported A B C . System Access by User 02 - Nigel
0257 11:28:54 04/08/2016 Open A B C . Area(s) DISARMED

Can anyone shed any light please?

Sponsored Links
Its very common for me, probably 20% of my alerts never get through to me, I certainly wouldn't want to relay solely on the app/email in the event of a real alarm, I have a 3rd party GSM dialler for that as the comwifi just isn't reliable enough.

Mine goes through phases of not reporting anything through the app and then sometimes will report the same status several times.

I'm not sure if it's the app or the com wifi

Thanks both.

I asked the question of Texecom and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Texecom Technical Support

The notifications on the App are not guaranteed to be delivered. As such some notifications will not come through to your handset. If the normal signals are going through then the only other thing I would ensure is that Full armed coms and Part armed coms are both turned on in Area Programming, Area Options. Also ensure that Alarms and Priority alarms are turned on in the ARC setup.

Strange that they produce a system where notifications are not guaranteed - perhaps Texecom Connect will improve things.....

Sponsored Links
Seems the norm for most app based alarm alerts .... After all it's just a gimmick ...

the problem as always is no one take responsibility for the features they offer.

There is and has been for some time now a disclaimer regarding the apps useage.

its abit like we have this its great, but we don't guarantee it will work and as we have told you that up front you cant sue.

not sure how many companies would do on the basis of fit for purpose that's something to ask CAB I guess.

The other thing is did the app not get the notification because you didn't have a signal for your phone or did it not come through because the server didn't send it out, and if the server didn't send it out, did the message ever get to the server if not why not.

you can increase the number of attempts to try and ensure it gets through and make sure your not connected to the panel at the same time.

theres lots of issues there.

the problem as always is no one take responsibility for the features they offer.

There is and has been for some time now a disclaimer regarding the apps useage.

its abit like we have this its great, but we don't guarantee it will work and as we have told you that up front you cant sue.

not sure how many companies would do on the basis of fit for purpose that's something to ask CAB I guess.

The other thing is did the app not get the notification because you didn't have a signal for your phone or did it not come through because the server didn't send it out, and if the server didn't send it out, did the message ever get to the server if not why not.

you can increase the number of attempts to try and ensure it gets through and make sure your not connected to the panel at the same time.

theres lots of issues there.

Once a push notification has been acknowledged by Google GCN or Apple's APN, the service will keep that message for the device when it re-appears. The services can store the messages for up to 4 weeks. I would think it's more likely that the problem is at Texecom server side, or between the module and local network. If the polling feature is enabled, then this should give an idea of the reliability of the connection between the WiFi/COM-IP module and the Texecom platform. WiFi is always going to be less reliable than a wired device though.

well its unlikely you wont have a connection at some point within 4 weeks.

wifi is certainly less reliable than say a comip however still can be relatively more stable than the apps notifications may suggest, tests with my own Montex/ texbase show that the issue is most likely in the world somewhere between the property and the Texecom server, rather than the panel and the outgoing message being sent out.

However not privy to the route to the server and if any messages didn't get there or when, I mean theres what 5,000+ accounts just how do you start tracking it down as to what was lost and where.

I will be flashing the panel up to 3.02 to see if it improves anything as they say its fixed the ats and com port fault issues.

ats fail is if the message doesn't get to its destination (Texecom server).

version 3.01 certainly showed less issues than previous versions with the app.

you need a flasher and a usb com to get to 3.02

I will be flashing the panel up to 3.02 to see if it improves anything as they say its fixed the ats and com port fault issues.

I'd be massively interested if this has solved the issues, according to the firmware release notes it has but I'm still hesitant on shelling out £65 for a lead and flash PCB.

I've wired my home for the Texecom Premier to be installed in a couple of months and will be using Hik Vision CCTC (8 channel) and various zwave sensors around the house. Alarm will have the 8 module relay output. how could this Texecom connect help me? I did google the link before asking the question, but got somewhat confused between what that could do and the Com wifi or ethernet connection thing for alerts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back