Texecom AMDT pir's installation

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Hello, I want to ask something about AMDT's from Texecom. First of all by only installing them and power them up from a battery I find them to be GREAT in detection.... Best ones I had seen so far. Anyway.... ok with the T-EOL 2 wire connection to a zone, what about the power to the panel? As I understand a pair of wire to the +12V and 0V would do the job but there some other connections and I wonder their usage.... 'TEST' 'SET' and 'RLED' are empty for now.... is there any way to make use of them?
Thanks in advance people!

Cyprus

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For what ? ...they are normally used on grade 3 systems ....which I doubt you are installing to.

Actually I'm installing to a Texecom Premier Elite 48 and I'm trying to make the most out of it... so if a any help on this issue would be really appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you don't want to help pls I would appreciate it if you didnt waste my time ... my question was clear enough for anyone to understand, we are in a forum and not an instant chat app so I can't waste my time in irrelevant questions. thanks

Keep your install simple.
Forget using the anti masking you will not need that function,as this is used for insurance grade 3 systems.
The postion of the detectors could cause issues if using the anti masking function when installed incorrectly.

Keep your install simple.
Forget using the anti masking you will not need that function,as this is used for insurance grade 3 systems.
The postion of the detectors could cause issues if using the anti masking function when installed incorrectly.
Thanks for this advice, though I could learn something more for anti-masking connections (since I have them in hand) and the the 'spare' connections of the AMDT pir. Any other function I could use? or shall I go connecting it as mentioned above?
P

For the anti masking to work correctly you will need to select various programming options on the control panel.This will then make other changes like changing codes from 4 digits to 6 digts. You are making your installation a lot harder . Best to keep things simple.

Ok friend! will do! Thanks a lot for the recommendation, will avoid anti-masking since it may cause trouble in installation as both of you suggested.

I disagree that it will cause problems if done properly, it will make it harder to do properly though.

However to get true grade 3, you need the right contacts the right bell box, the right wiring and programming throughout.

I'm was not intending to install a full Grade 3 system since many of my detectors and siren are grade 2. If there is an easy way to explain to me the anti-masking connections and settings please do but after my next question please because it's more important! Done all the wiring today and my brain is frosted! so bare with me for a while :D
Texecom Premier Elite Odyssey 5E (grade 2) installation and wiring clarification needed! I had wired all the 12V, Bell, Tamp, 0V and Str connections to the sounder and the panel as the manual says.
1. Will I need any resistance like 2k2 to link tamper and 0V on the sounder? (I read this somewhere), what about the link wire on the panel side between tamper and 0V? install and power up and then remove?
2. Will I need any resistance on the panel side to link Aux/Fault?
3. The sounder manual is so confusing, how do I power up the panel after all, with sounder tamper open or closed? Please explain to me if possible, with simple and human words, the Self-Activate and Hold-off function usage and what are the correct steps to follow in order not to have any problems with the sounder when I power up my panel.
Hope this ends without a tragedy!!! :D

P.S what about the jumper settings on the sounder? just leave them as is? Bettery(Off), SAB mode and LowCurrent (Off)?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back