Texecom Auto Arm loud noise countdown noise from panel and external sounder???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a premier elite 24, I have set it up to auto part arm at a designated time everyday.

But 5 minutes before it is due to set it seems to start a countdown sequence which is a low tone beep. But it’s comes through the external speaker connected to the panel and also the external sounder mounted to the outside wall.

It’s an industrial unit but very close to residential housing so I think it will be upsetting some residents as it is quite loud and annoying and in the last 10 seconds it seems to be a constant beep before it then sets...

Checked all settings and can’t seem to find anything relating to this. Is there any solution for this?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
the external sounder is also counting down??????

The question for the external would be what bell and how is it wired, the only way for an external sounder to count down as you mention is the bell trigger being an output and being programmed or interference/ feedback.

you mentions internal sounders and external sounders so it be useful to know what you have and how they are wired, we can then look at programming

I’ll need to double check but I’m sure I have just a basic internal sounder like the pic I’ve attached wires to the board on the Spk terminal and 0V connection next to it. The external bell is connected as per normal to the 5 terminals on the board.

I’l go along later and take a photo of the connections just to confirm.

I have the internal sounder connected as I have an internal door on a chime, which I can hear in the workshop...

Attachments

• 197D023A-E79B-48A4-96E1-1B01670A9F40.png
    197D023A-E79B-48A4-96E1-1B01670A9F40.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 249
I cant see the external sounder sounding the countdown then.

you can adjust the volumes of the speakers or remove speaker tones, the only issue with removing certain tones is the knock on effect of the other functions that use the same tones, then you have to decide on compromise.

Without detailed programming information and the desired outcomes its difficult to come up with a solution that covers all bases that is acceptable to you.

Sponsored Links
Ok, so had a look, the internal sounder is connected to spk and +12v.

the external bell seems to be connected normally.

so is there a way to have it instant arm rather than having the 5 minute countdown?

Attachments

• 68DDF252-FB96-4FCD-A35F-D99354FA145D.jpeg
    68DDF252-FB96-4FCD-A35F-D99354FA145D.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 235
area options

when you say auto part arm on a timer, how is that programmed?

if its auto part arm due to the entry / exit door not being opened the count down is a full set not a part set as such and will probably still sound. (but that isn't a timer)
if its an output into a latch or momentary key zone using a control timer then it could be set to instant and silent on the zone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back