Texecom Com2400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i need a hand wiring the following communicator up. I have followed the instructions that came with it. I am using it for sms messaging.

Does the line need to be filtered or unfiltered?

I've seen that people mention needing a com lead for this to work, is this true? mines only attached to the pins on the right hand side.

I am connecting it to a premier 24 panel. I get up to the point of "Sending text....", and then it says com failed. The service centre numbers are programmed as 07860980480 and 07785499993.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Service numbers are valid.
Is there BB on the line, if so you need a filter.

have you programmed onboard digi for comm 2400 ? enabled communicator ? how old is the premier 24 ? press menu 4 on keypad for software version

Thanks for the responses. The alarm has just been bought, so I assume it's the latest version. Not at home now, so I'll check version later. I've enabled the onboard communicator, selected com2400, and then selected com 1 as com2400.

Yes there is broadband, I've tried it both filtered and unfiltered, makes no difference, stops at sending SMS.....

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have you changed the ARC protocol to be SMS mesaging?

It should be a filtered line, and you do need a lead from the 4 pin molex connector on the com2400 to the com1 connector on the main PCB.

The lead should have come with the com2400 module.

Also have you tried resetting the module? Select reset digi from the engineers menu.

Maxsys: Yes, it has been set as sms messaging.

sparkymarka: the wires are connected from T and R, along with the earthing connection to the main incoming earth.

RF: i haven't tried reset digi, ill give that a go. One thing is i cant find where the devil ive put the lead. do you know where i can get another one from?

thanks
Airbus

check software version the newer ones DONT need the lead thats why they have stopped putting them in the 24 kits, but must admit texecom didnt make this known. best thing to do is set the format to fast format and test as normal if it rings your mobile the phone connection side is ok, then set back to sms, if you have a noisy bt line try altering the modem count level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back