Texecom Connect SmartCom - notifications missing name

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have successfully installed a Texecom Elite 64W Ricochet with SmartCom and it is working very well with notifications sent correctly to my iPhone.

What is odd is I must have missed a setting on the panel - as the notifications are always missing a word - it says things like:

"Remote Access Started at 20:35 today from your <missing word>"
"Your <missing word> was changed to the Part Armed Mode from one of your Apps at 20:38 today"
"Your <missing word> was changed to the Disarmed Mode from IAN's App at 20:39 today"
"Remote Access Ended at 20:40 today from your <missing word>"

Could anyone suggest a solution please? Oddly setting to Part Armed doesn't pick up it was me who set it from my phone.

A second question if I may, I wish to install the app on a second or third phone or tablet so does someone have the steps to follow please?

Many thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
Because you haven’t filled in ALL the text boxes ....eg Area A.....House ......Area.....B .....garage .....user 1 “ your name “

Super fast response thank you @sparkymarka ! That makes complete sense and crossed my mind but I thought it would say Area A. User 1 is set to IAN so bit strange that is blank some of the time. Thanks for the help - I will go set that now.

That did the job thank you @sparkymarka !

To add a second mobile device to Smartcom - do you have a suggested quick way to do this or should I just RTFM :) ?

Sponsored Links
I normally do it from the first master phone ....add as a user in panel ,go to app , manage user , you will see new user , add from there

Hi @sparkymarka, I'm having the same or similar issue @whiteduck22 was having.

I have a Texecom Premier Elite 48 panel with SmartCom and Using the Android Mobile App. Here is my issue:

1. Fully Arming from Mobile App seems to always detect the App User.
Example "Full Arming" message: (Your Home was changed to "Full Armed" Mode from John's App at 22:35 today.)

2. Disarming from Mobile App seems to always detect the App User.
Example "Disarmed" message: (Your Home was changed to "Disarmed" Mode from John's App at 22:40 today.)

3. Part Arming does not detect the App User.
Example "Part Arm" message: (Your zone was changed to "Part Armed" Mode from one of your Apps at 23:00 today)

The Calendar logs also does not have the App User on there. So basically it looks like "Full Arm" and "Disarmed" detects the App User just fine but "Part Arm" does not.

Is this just the Android App being inconsistent or am I missing a setting somewhere ?

Last edited:
I would be asking this on the Texecom Forum with the app version, panel version, app version, smart com version and phone with firmware.

Having looked at my test system I can see that I haven't used part arm via a user or the panel for some time, so would have to test and wont be able to do that until later today.

From the top of my head i believe this has been raised on the Texecom forum, but would have to search for it to find the outcome and its niot the easiest site to search

Thanks so much @secureiam. I will get all that info and ask on the Texecom Forum. In the meantime, please share your test results whenever you are able to do so.

I'll update here with any further information.

had a look and it does appear that if you:

1. arm using quick arm for the part set on keypad it says keypad
2. if you part set with a user code at the keypad it comes up with user
3. part set via the app comes up with app user.

Texecom forum and they maybe able to shed light on it, for me it would make sense to know which user in the app did the part arm, the calendar reflected the notifications

Thanks for this @secureiam.

I have found the solution on the Texecom Forum.

Deleting the extra 2 "Part Arm" options text resolves the issue.

"Global" -> "System Text" tab in Wintex, delete "Part Arm 2 Text" and "Part Arm 3 Text" then send page and "Sync Panel" from Mobile App

Whiles this works, I have asked the question about still retaining the extra Part Arms and also be able to see the actual "User" on the notification.

Let's see what they come back with.

It is a solution of sorts ie one part arm only from app (to be fair most small domestics only have the one part arm), I don't have access to the Texecom forum at the minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back