Texecom Connect SmartCom Setup Issue - Premier Elite 64-W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I bought a Texecom Premier Elite 64-W system to install myself and specifically chose Texecom for their SmartCom and app functionality.

It appears V1 of the Texecom Connect app is being retired and possibly already disabled for new registrations, as I receive an "Access to this system is currently disabled." error when trying to sign in to the app, after providing the app code from my panel.

I tried V2 of the Texecom Connect app, but it appears to need an installer Cloud account. As someone installing this for myself, I don't have any association with an installer and I certainly wouldn't want another party to have access to my system anyway. That was one of the main reasons for installing myself, and the fact I like to understand the system so I can add things later as required and for potential integration into smart home infrastructure in future.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can advise if there is a way round this, or confirm that the SmartCom system is now useless to me (and consequently the entire system). Ultimately I want to integrate the alarm system with Home Assistant in future, if possible, but for now being able to remotely monitor the alarm from my phone is a critical requirement!

Sponsored Links
Point 1 no it’s still available till 14th September ( V1)
Point 2 access to this system is currently disabled …..is normally you have set something up incorrectly ( did you change the master code after setting up the smart com ? )
Point 3 you don’t require a installer account for V2

From texecom….

If you are only installing a system on your own property (one system installs only) then we have created a code to allow you to use the V2 app without having a TCS account. Simply email or call technical support and request the Self Installer Connect Code. This will be entered on the "Installer ID" setup screen. You will then be able to add the Connect V2 app without having a TCS account.

Last edited:
if you can generate an app code then the panel should be set up correctly.

The V1 app, you should enter the app code and then the engineers code, to setup up trouble free. (master code doesnt always work when initially setting up).

The V2 app can then be downloaded and transferred across.

That might explain why tech support is super busy.........

Thank you both for your answers. I'm very grateful for your help and swift responses.

I managed to get the V1 app working - it did indeed require a log in to the app with the engineer's code first, before any other user codes would work. :rolleyes:

I have emailed Texecom tech support asking for a self installer code, but no reply yet. As mentioned, probably busy with everyone trying to do the app switchover.

I have to say I'm finding a lot of software bugs with the Texecom system when using Wintex. The documentation of some functions is lacking in some areas as well, which doesn't help the situation. As many others have mentioned on reviews, their app is also very poor! Sadly this is quite typical of old school hardware manufacturers when they try to do software. They're never going to produce well functioning and slick software like Google or Microsoft etc., but it would be nice if they could try and fix the obvious problems!

Sponsored Links
You need to be more specific about bugs and raise them possibly on the Texecom forum or directly with Texecom as only Texecom can fix them.

you should be able to download V2 and transfer across the app without an installer code.

You will need to create a user app login.

slick software? google and microsoft (lots of bugs), forever getting fixes for issues. to be fair very few developers seem to have any software thats bug free.

You need to be more specific about bugs and raise them possibly on the Texecom forum or directly with Texecom as only Texecom can fix them.

you should be able to download V2 and transfer across the app without an installer code.

You will need to create a user app login.

slick software? google and microsoft (lots of bugs), forever getting fixes for issues. to be fair very few developers seem to have any software thats bug free.

I realise only Texecom can fix the bugs, but have not tried asking them yet, so maybe they will be quite responsive to reported issues. One annoying bug that caught me out was the SmartCom device would not connect if you have a '$' sign in the WiFi password! Took quite a bit of testing to realise that was the problem, as it just wouldn't connect. This was very annoying, because the '$' symbol is completely valid within a WiFi password.

Another issue is that with V1 of the app, I can initiate a 'Full Arm' and the app says this completes successfully. However, the alarm display says it's a Part Arm, but the App and Wintex both show it as Fully Armed. I would suggest this is quite a serious problem.

I know Google and Microsoft aren't perfect and most software certainly has bugs, but when the bugs affect the very basic functionality of a product it's annoying. The Wintex software looks extremely dated and basic, which I know is common with this sort of product. My comment about slick software was more about the interface. They need to hire a User Experience designer. :LOL:

Thanks for the note about transferring my account to the V2 app - I will give that a go now I'm able to log in to the V1 app.

Indeed the $ has been reported by me some weeks ago on the installers group and believe its down for the next release of the smart com.

suspect you have more than one area, each area can be armed, part armed or disarmed.
if you have multiple areas (or system thinks it has more than one area set up), the system will say area A armed, system part armed or similar this is not a bug). or area AB armed, part armed or A.C. etc etc

Wintex has got to be 15 years old …and compared to some other upload /download software for alarms ….it’s pretty good …and well laid out !

@secureiam - I think you're right about the part arm problem being to do with the way I had the areas setup. Not ideal the app, Wintex and the alarm keypad display didn't all match though, but anyway, I've changed the configuration now so hopefully won't be an issue.

I managed to migrate to the new V2 app, but only after a bit of trouble. The problem was I'd already created the account on the V2 app the other day - before setting up the V1 app. I just had to log out the V2 app and back in, which at that point invoked the check for a V1 app account and prompted for the transfer. The V2 app is about as terrible looking as the V1 app, but at least allowed me to arm/disarm etc.

I specifically bought the Texecom alarm and SmartCom so I could be instantly notified on my phone when the alarm is triggered. Text messages (although simple and reliable) seem a bit archaic to me, so I assumed I would be able to get notification though the app. I'm concerned that I don't see an option for that! If the app is open there is a visual sign the alarm is triggered, but can't see an obvious way to manage notifications. In Wintex I've ensure the ARC > Reporting Options are selected and also the coms options under Areas > Options. I tried using a recipe, but that didn't work either. I'm not getting any notifications for anything. :cry:

@sparkymarka - Wintex does look like a 1990s application, but the Copyright info suggests it's a 'modern' 2007 one! :D I can imagine the others are even worse though.

upload_2021-8-26_20-25-51.png

OK I've worked out how to turn on notifications in the app under Manage Users > App Account name (email) Receive Alerts. Now to cut down on the storm of notifications that seem to get queued then all sent in batches!

I don't want to sound like I'm completely writing off this system, but I've used computers since I was nine years old (when I wrote my first program) and I'm an IT Solutions Architect with 26 years' experience, so I know what well designed hardware/software should look like and this isn't it. I can see the Texecom systems have many great features, but the software, documentation and overall presentation all really need completely revamping to make it much more intuitive for normal humans, or experienced technical people at the very least. A lot of it is still stuck in that "it made sense to the developer at the time" state. :rolleyes:

Take the 'new' Texecom Connect app for example. They could probably pay a 12 year old hobbyist coder to spend a couple of days making it look better and putting the settings into an intuitive layout with context sensitive help.

login as master user and look at menu, manage users.
The panel sends the data to the Texecom servers (panel programming), notifications are received now based on app settings, some smart devices need to have settings changed so that notifications come through. Texecom I believe are collecting data on certain phone systems that are struggling with notifications.
Battery optimisation, along with do not disturb and other functions, including poor internet access from the device can all affect notifications received.

It is not uncommon to see a recent firmware update on a phone cause some apps to misbehave and action or changes need to be made on the firmware to rectify, the app programming to rectify or change settings with the phone.

Whilst Wintex may have its faults some of the other software out there is much worse and harder to use.

You have to be specific when it comes to making sweeping statements about functionality/ fault, as whilst faults exist with all systems most errors are still usually down to installers/ users not understanding how things work or how to set them up properly.

You need to feed back to Texecom.
But be specific about what you think should be changed and why.

It may be possible it may not.

A hobbyist does not have the same restrictions imposed as a manufacturer will have.
Texecom is no longer owned by the Halma and being free of that corporate structure may make innovation easier, however as this is literally happened about a week or so ago, so it may take a few weeks before we see any change as it doesn't happen overnight.

@Skylar Did you ever manage to get a self installer connect code from Texecom? I'm in the same position as yourself at the moment!

if your struggling can put you on a availability only account for free, and can remain that way until, it becomes chargeable.

Thanks for the offer @secureiam. I managed to register the panel with the v1 app and perform an upgrade to v2, so think I'm sorted for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back