Texecom Dialler - No Dial tone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just fitted a texecom excel system.

The dialler is all connected as described in the manual with all programmed numbers etc.

When testing the dialler attempts to dial the first number, although after about 10 secs it times out and reads 'No dial tone'

Ive checked the line with a normal phone and it has a dial tone.

I checked the voltage and its around 43volts which is a little low right? Should be 50v? Could that be the problem?

Ive tried a different extension cable too.

Anyone have any oter ideas i can try?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Have you connected the A and B on the dialler to the 5 and 2 of a phone socket? Or have you used the supplied plug in type lead?

Do you have ADSL? Have you filtered the line to the dialler?

When testing the dialler attempts to dial the first number, although after about 10 secs it times out and reads 'No dial tone'

Does it actually dial a digit. Either a tone burst or a series of clicks at 10 per second before it times out ?.

If it does that then check the configuration has not been set up for working as an extension on a PABX ( private exchange ) where it must dial a digit to get an outside line and then wait for the dial tone from the public exchange before dialing the telephone number.

Ive used the supplied plug in lead conenction.

I dont have adsl, but tried a filter anyway, and it didnt work thanks for the suggestion :)

Ive triple checked the settings and its set to the standard config, where it waits for a dial tone first. It doesnt get to the dial stage, just waits then times out.

Anything else i can try, im starting to think its a dodgy box!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion, yes ive tried that also.

I called texecom helpdesk today, and was told it could be 1)noise on the line eg ADSL which i dont have. or 2) a dodgy dialler

So im going to try and send it back and get a replacement

Wish me luck!

I used to find reversing the line sometimes made a difference. According to the manufacturers, their equipment was not sensitive to line polarity, but it was!

I used to find reversing the line sometimes made a difference. According to the manufacturers, their equipment was not sensitive to line polarity, but it was!

I recall this too, although I *think* it only made a difference if you had other kit on the line for some reason.

Tried that too still didnt work.

I spoke with the alarm shop and they are happy to exchange it.

So lets see

Thanks again guys

Just a follow up, fitted a new dialler and it was the same.

It turned out to be a dodgy telephone extension cable, i bought a really thin and flat one. Turned out to be cra p.

So replaced with a colid, BT approved one and it worked firt time!

Thanks again for your suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back