Texecom door contact - can a min open time be added?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a door contact on my garage door, and a PIR inside the garage.

The door isn't exactly airtight, and sometimes (for example with the recent storms) something may move in the garage from the wind. I have set the PIR to "double knock" to prevent false alarms in this case.

However, with the recent storms I noticed the door contact also triggered once or twice - it must have been for just a moment. Is there a way to only trigger a door contact if it is open for a full second, for example?

Alternatively I will need to do a hardware solution like moving it to another point on the door (it's currently near an opening, which must have the most amount of flex) or just taking it off Guard Access altogether - but ideally I'd like to just change a setting in Wintex.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I think your door fastening is wobbly. Where does it bolt?

That's the top of the door. It's a sectional garage door and this is at the top

upload_2022-3-18_10-56-59.png

Sponsored Links
Wrong contact for that door.
Looks like a insulated sectional door ? or is a up and over door.
Look a roller shutter door contacts or angled contacts that have a better tolerance gap.
Your contact gap is 20mm , a roller contact is 50mm.
Think the right contact fitted in correct position will solve your problem.

Yep it's an insulated sectional door.

So you mean something like this - they all seem to be made out of metal:

upload_2022-3-18_14-22-55.png

I didn't install the system, but I assume it's fairly straightforward to just swap these over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back