Texecom Elite 64-W Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of setting up an Elite-64 W which has a SmartCom attached and I have a few questions, this isn't the first system I've configured, the entire system is wireless.

SmartCom Version - The Texecom Connect mobile app works as expected but I'm used to entering passcode and pressing the 'I' icon to check the SmartCom firmware version. Currently this is showing v3.x and a green banner showing that it's up to date, but isn't the latest version 4.x and if it is why is it not available to update?

Time & Date - My understanding is that if a SmartCom is installed and working which I believe it is as the mobile app is connecting the time and date will automatically be updated. My initial tests indicated that this wasn't happening as I had to set this manually. Where can I check that this is correctly working?

No Location Text Has Been Setup - This is being displayed on the LCD keypad what is this and where do I set it, I've set values under Global System Options, System Text

Exit & Entry Sounds - Zone 10 (Wireless) is a magnetic door contact and initially when I armed the system I had the usual exit end entry tones but these are no longer happening, possibly my fiddling. Where are these configured?

My preferred way of configuring the system is using WinTex 8.2 which is working, thank you for any help that you can give.

Sponsored Links
Which version of the app are you on?

The Texecom cloud is probably the easiest way to update the smart com and panel firmware.

The location text doesn’t need filling, should stop comming up at some point regardless after partially setting up.

E/E are in several places spending on what you have.

On a live panel (built in keypad) it can be found on the keypad setup on address 1, other keypads via there address in keypad setup.

Global options there are volumes and tones of top of my head global option /system options and global options/speaker tones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back