Texecom 64-W "No ATS Available"

If you can connect via the smart com wouldn't worry about the comip connection for wintex.

This would be difficult to connect to as the comip connection is being used for notifications, so it may be busy.

Also given that smart com at default is encrypted coms and the com-ip access isn't, I would use the smart com.

Sponsored Links
The next problem I have is that the wireless PIRs (4 off GBK 001) are really slow to respond - I can jump up and down in front of them and they don't respond - I'm using the "Chime" feature of the panel to test this. The wired PIRs (4 off ACF 001) work immediately as I wander around the room. Walk test displays the same behaviour. The wireless PIRs "Ricochet Device Mode" is set to "Auto" - I think this was the default when devices were learnt. Devices are mounted about 2.3m from the floor in the corner of a room. I hope its nothing as simple as using Premiere PIRs with an Elite panel....although this shouldn't be an issue as I just purchased a kit from Texecom.

I am not a fan of pet wise sensors full stop and only install them if a customer insists.

Note wireless go to sleep after being activated for 3 minutes.

Have you completed the commissioning mode, what signal security and signal strength do you have for your devices?

Texecom do not sell direct to trade installers let alone end users.

I would contact Texecom Tech support directly or visit there forum, search the forum or start your own thread with your issue.

I have completed commissioning mode - although I do have a question on that. If I now add a wireless PIR using the Learn option in the Zone menu - do I need to go back into commissioning mode ? I did add a test PIR last night using this option but not sure its working any better than the others if at all.....

Ricochet Monitor (which I acceess through Wintex icon( seems to have changed what it shows me since replacing the commissioning link - I no longer get individual signal strengths and the little numbers showing me which devices are "connected" to each other. However what is does show is that everything is green, see below.
upload_2018-12-7_7-32-47.png

Thanks for your suggestion on Texecom support - that will be by next step or maybe the company I bought the kit from.

In your experience - would you expect the wireless PIR to trip in the same way a wired one does. I've installed many wired systems in the past but this is my first wireless (hybrid) system so not really sure what to expect. I understand that the PIRs go to sleep but is that true if they are in Chime mode too ?

Sponsored Links
New device new mesh possibilities so yes it needs to be done.

To be fair that does not show me the mesh. With the panel(wireless expander) in commissioning mode, have ricochet monitor in network view and see how the mesh looks as its being built.

I can't state enough I dislike petwise sensors full stop and as a result my opinion maybe seen as biased, if you do not think they are triggering properly then you need to speak with Texecom, especially if everything else as far as you are concerned is in order.

There are various Texecom people on this forum including its MD but they are not on all the time. So to get a response from them its best to go direct to their forum or email there Tech support, I do recommend their forum so you can search for various issues if you need to and see previous responses to those issues which may have helped some users.

Wireless devices sleep to save power and are effectively on all the time, but 3 minutes after an activation they lay dormant.

Always awake for contacts and shocks, DT have a hybrid mode so they wake up when the system is set rather than on activate and then sleep.

Do not change the modes!.

Chime is irrelevant to be honest.

I don't like petwise sensors as they are designed to cut out activations below around 1.2M in general, which means an animal getting higher than this will trigger the alarm and any human that is around this height or less is likely not to activate the alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back