Texecom Elite 88 (V3) Areas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone out there can help.
I have a Elite 88(V3)
Connected to it is two keypads (one keypad has a reed switch on zone 1)
one PIR

one 8xp
two PIRs connected.

My problem is I can only set Area 1.

I want to give different parts of the house Areas.

However, Keypad shows only area 1(when Part/Arming)

Sponsored Links
its a little vague.

zones, keypads and sounders can all be assigned areas, only sounders should be assigned more than one area.

It is possible to part arm an area.
Its possible to set different areas.

you have an 8 area panel and 4 zones?

Can you be more specific on how you would like it to work, although I suspect what you want wouldn't comply.

What's with all this 'wouldn't comply', or similar, I keep seeing? We are talking DiY, this has no bearing on DiY

Agreed just making them aware, that just because its possible doesn't mean its the right thing to do.
It may become relevant if they give up and get a pro in and they undo everything and the panel doesn't do what they want it to in the end, although even a pro installation doesn't necessarily have to comply.

An 88 panel for a four zone system just don't understand what is trying to be achieved each zone at the moment could have its own area.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for getting back to me.
What I'm trying to do is quite simple. My old Veritas 8 did it.

Basicly I want to make Downstairs area A, Upstairs Area B & Garage (Sheds,etc) Area C.

However, the problem I'm having is, unless everything is on area A it won't trigger an alarm.
(Keypad & Winnex show it can see the PIRs being activated, Not matter which Area I allocate them to)

Therefore, how do I activate the other Areas?

EG.
Full arm = All areas
Evening = just Area C
Part Arm 1 = Areas B+C

Sorry if this sound silly to you, But the manuals are not very user freindly, (EG what is an Arm Suite?)

House , use part sets , eg landing tick part 1 omit ( keep landing ) in area A , sheds / garage put in area B set up separate code to arm / disarm area B

Your From Sheffield! I was born there & spent most of my life there.

How do I setup a Separate code to arm /Disarm Area B ?

At the moment only Area A is triggering an alarm.

Got it sorted.

The problem was (In user, Bottom left hand side of Wintex)
Under my Name only Area (A) was ticked.

Can I pop in here with a question please?
I'm very happy with all the zones being in Area A on my Elite 48, and it's nice and simple. But I just like to understand these things.

If had say three areas, providing the final exit zone is in all three zones, they would all be set when the final exit is set. And provided the keypad is also in all three zones, it will unset them all. Is that right?

The Premier/ Premier Elite are very flexible.

However I would always suggest that you think through how you want it to work first, right it down and look at the programming to achieve it.

You can make a 48 act as four independent systems if you had the need to, or make it use areas to separate part of your home and out buildings.

Yes, but you could still do that with Area A as the final set (e/e area A) and the other areas as instant set, unless you were walking through the different areas, instant setting the other areas would be fine.

Thanks for that.
I've always worked on the principle that if you try to understand how things work when they are working, you'll be better placed to fix them when they go wrong. There's so much I still have to learn about the Elite 48.

Anyway I have to leave this now. The lawn mower isn't working right after the winter storage so I have to strip it down...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back