Texecom 24 Elite user control of area A and B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a look through but could not find exactly what I was looking for. Hope someone can help.
I have a building split in two,Office (Area A) and Gym(Area B). Texecom elite 24 8 zone in office, keypad 01 in office, keypad 02 in gym.
I would like to give 3 people with their own codes the ability to disarm and arm only the gym at any time without the ability to alter options at keypad 02.
From keypad 01 in the office (Area A) I would like full control as to weather I set area A or B only on full alarm or both on full alarm. Do I need to set up areas, groups and zones on the panel ? Can any one please advise on the settings required. Help much appriceated.

Sponsored Links
Set codes as local area code and b then set keypad in gym as area B,set your code to A and B. Your code will turn on / off at each area .... If you need to set gym from office you can do code ---- area 2 for B yes . This will arm it from your office keypad.

Hi sparkymarka.
Thank you for your speedy reply. I have put these settings in and is working ok all be it with one issue.

Upon arming area B from area A, area B is in the exit mode and is waiting for the door contactor to be opened. How can I get this area to arm instantly from area A yet still keep the Entry/Exit when arming from area B ?
Kind regards.

Sorry to interfere
Area Programming -> Arming Modes -> Area B Arm by: Timed Exit (3) or Instant (4)

Sponsored Links
Hi sparkymarka and Serg.

Thank you both for your help.
I have set the ARMING MODE to TIMED EXIT for area B. This is allowing me to go past any PIR's in area B without the alarm going off.

I hope I'm not pushing my luck but I may need a step by step guide in setting up the com2400, would be most grateful if you guys could help ?

Kind regards.
Rick

Would like the alarm to call and or text my mobile.
My phone line is wired from master socket( as per instruction manual ) to com 2400 then from com 2400 to ext phone socket. The com 2400 is on board and slotted into the connector. No other wires are attached to the com.

It will text you ! You need to enable COMMS , set it for sms message and put in phone numbers are you programming via wintex ?

I c. I don't have connector for wintex, is this a must or can it be done manual ?

Do I need some kind of ADSL filter ?
Am I to use my phone number or a SMS centre number ?

The sms number is in allready,if the phone line has broadband you will need a filter fitting or the sms will be hit and miss. I could phone in to the system and check it out but you need to fit the filter first...ok

Hi sparkymarka.

Thank you for your advise so far and sorry for the delay in contacting you.
Hope you are still willing to help after obtaining the required ADSL filter.
I have connected the cable as in this link http://youtu.be/h-n0leE5IxU

Please can you help me set the com up from scratch ?

Kind regards.
Rick[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back