Failure to Arm a Texecom Elite 24

I set the address to 5 and the system doesn't like it keeps asking me to confim the devices it shows the key pad as X. I thought that i had set the addressed correctly i.e. Expander address 1, key pads 2, 3 and 4. It seems that the keypads can only have 1 to 4. Can the expander and a keypad have the same address?

Sponsored Links
I set the address to 5 and the system doesn't like it keeps asking me to confim the devices it shows the key pad as X. I thought that i had set the addressed correctly i.e. Expander address 1, key pads 2, 3 and 4. It seems that the keypads can only have 1 to 4. Can the expander and a keypad have the same address? Correct me if I am wrong, on the dip switches, up is on.

I think that may be the issue, I've got the dip switches the wrong way round. I'll change the keypads now.

Nope, it looks like the addresses were correct the system is not happy now.
upload_2021-8-25_16-23-14.png

Sponsored Links
I'm Going to put the address setting back to where they were and start again. One question, Should these keypads be assigned to a zone?

3 keypads … set keypad one to address 1
Keypad 2 to address 2 and keypad to address 3 …. Normally it switch one on up for keypad 1 etc

That is how I had them set initially, however I started with 2 because the remote expander is set to 1 is my logic wrong, can the expander have the same address as the first keypad

the dip switch chip should have an on side.

address 1 is all off or dip 1 up
address 2 is dip 2 up
address 3 is dip 3 up.

to be fair though no areas assigned to a keypad a user code with access to an area should instantly set that area.

however lets get the basics tidied up and worked through

Right my problem is that I assumed that I could only have unique address numbers. We are now cooking with Gas. Thank you for you patience I have a reasonable knowledge but at the age of 79 and only doing this to help out a neighbour I get the odd thing wrong. Once again thank you very much for your assistance/

exactly that is why I was expecting to see something in the event log but better to get it all tidied up and easier to follow.

Doesnt help that the panel he is used to is the international premier panel 816 as its nothing like the Premier/Elite range.

Sorry to confuse you, my neighbours alarm that I am having the issues with IS the Premier Elite 24, my alarm is the old one - it works great. I can now set the alarm and unset it. Once again thank you for your support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back