Texecom elite upgrade and new products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I see on Texecom's website they have some new products. although still no release date for Connect! Has anyone used the carbon monoxide sensor or the new mini wireless one? I have been looking for a zwave CO sensor for a while, but having it on the more reliable alarm would be better, and I have my fire alarms into the texecom panel as well.

Also I have a premier elite metal 24 on 2.11 so sounds like I need to upgrade the firmware to be able to use the new products or Connect, which I think means I need to buy a module to do so, and obtain the software from somewhere. Is this easy to do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
firstly the firmware of the panel will need updating to use the new devices, as for the connect, there is apparently issues with using u=older wireless expanders.

Texecom have announced that the wireless expander has been upgraded to account for the new devices wrt to connect, cant remember the exact phrasing, when questioned that thought they said the expanders didn't need updating for new devices just the panel firmware they said that the expander doesn't need to be updated but it may affect how some of the new devices work..

So to summarise to ensure it will work you will have to replace the expander as you cant flash it to ensure it works as intended!!!

The CO sensoe is great stand alone or as ricochet device, the new micro contacts are good and can be hidden, however you need to update panel firmware and wintex and ricochet monitor to see everything properly.

Connect & V4 software has been put back so many times that i've now lost interest, the new estimated release is next month but I would not be surprised if it gets put back further. Connect will only work with Premier Elite Panels running V4 software which will eventually be available at www.texe.com for registered installers, you will need a Com-USB lead & Flasher Module. Flashing a panel is very easy and takes about 5 minuites. Your need to also download Wintex and the Flasher software from texecom. Save a copy of your programming on Wintex then download it back to panel after flash.

Only one carbon monoxide detector available from texecom is the wireless one, only used one and seemed fine to me. This will only work on V3.02 Firmware which is the latest.

they still have fixed the current app properly, although that said it appears okay on the apple devices

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
Yes the iOS app is normally pretty good for me, unless I try to connect and reconnect too quickly.
I've disabled the port forwarding though and just connect via VPN for better network security. Means I don't get pop ups from the app but still get emails.

Yes just looking at 3.04 for now and 4 whenever or if that all arrives.

So I need to buy the flasher module from my handy diy alarm site then obtain the flasher software and firmware. Will texecom give that to diy installers or do I have to register?

Looking to buy the flash module, and several sites show its only for 48 and above, but Texecom support site seems to show the 24 can be flash upgraded. I presume the vendor sites are incorrect and I can flash upgrade the 24?

any premier panel other than the 24,412,816 and 832, every elite panel, so Elite 12,24,48,88,168 and 640 variants can be flashed with the usbcom lead and the flasher unit.

so my guess is they never updated the description when it was only available for the premier 48,88,168 and 640, rather than the elite range

Wow, the micro contacts are small.. somehow the measurements don't do them justice..

they are micro, theres talk of shocks being the same at some point, I hope so, means we can hide the things, rather than trying to make them blend in

I wonder how long before they can put a wireless contact inside a door. There are already zwave battery door contacts that can be.

The texecom micro contact is designed to fit inside euro upvc door/window frames.

Attachments

• IMG_5828.JPG
    IMG_5828.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 464

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back