Texecom Excel - TAMP EOL & Global query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you confirm whether the EOL technonolgy (10k ohm and 22k ohm resistors - fig 3d page 13 manual) used for PIRs to the Zones on this panel, will also allow for the Global Tamper system to be used seperately for the tamp circuit of the alarm boxes using series wiring of the tamper loop.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use the tamper circuit for any tampers you wish to add to external equipment.

You can use the tamper circuit for any tampers you wish to add to external equipment.

With EOL resistors on the sensors. When the global tamp circuit is used I assume it can be used seperately WITHOUT resistors, is this assumption correct. The manual treats both EOL and Global seperately and doesn´t actually say if both can be used on the same installation.

What it actually says is something like " when EOL is used the tamper link would be left in"

So yes you can use it, as a normal circuit. When using EOL on the panel zones.

What are you going to connect it to?

Sponsored Links
What it actually says is something like " when EOL is used the tamper link would be left in"

So yes you can use it, as a normal circuit. When using EOL on the panel zones.

What are you going to connect it to?

A series tamper circuit with the tamp switch from the Aux power supply and the 5 Alarm sounder boxes, 2powered from main panel SAB + SCB and 3 from Aux power supply.

Hmmmmm what sounders?
I assume your dropping the TR- abck and using the micro switches only.

Hmmmmm what sounders?
I assume your dropping the TR- abck and using the micro switches only.

All boxes are Ody 1 or 1E using cable colours to ABCDS as shown.

I am using 8 core cable and utilising the spare orange and brown for the MSW2 to MSW1 chain method they show, they all meet at the control panel and then form a series circuit on a connecting block for connection to the 2 global tamp terminals.

That will not work.
Your still using the negative from the hold off supply.

You will probably have to remove one tamper switch from each sounder, reconnecting the other into its existing circuit and then series up the now spare ones back to the panel.

That will not work.
Your still using the negative from the hold off supply.

You will probably have to remove one tamper switch from each sounder, reconnecting the other into its existing circuit and then series up the now spare ones back to the panel.

For the Main Panel controlliing the pair of SAB and SCB boxes I have followed the instruction at 1.5 page 5 of the Ody installation manual, which gives the impression that multiple units are not a problem as long as they are in SCB mode.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "remove one tamper switch from each sounder etc" . Can you say if any changes are needed to ABCDS on any of the boxes or do I need to isolate completely any of the Tamp switches inside the Sounder Box itself ?

I`m saying that is for 2 sounders not 5. It may well work on 5 BUT this is not a detection loop, it is a closed self monitoring loop.

There will be a small current running in that MSW1 and MSW2 from the PCB`s of both sounders. Adding more and more cable and distance and they will not like it.
Even in SCB mode.
Reason being it is a closed loop, not a detection loop. (again)

To be safe I would take one MSW from each and use them independent and leave the other one running (IIRC the 1E has 2 MSWs), if only 1 your going to struggle.

I`m saying that is for 2 sounders not 5. It may well work on 5 BUT this is not a detection loop, it is a closed self monitoring loop.

There will be a small current running in that MSW1 and MSW2 from the PCB`s of both sounders. Adding more and more cable and distance and they will not like it.
Even in SCB mode.
Reason being it is a closed loop, not a detection loop. (again)

To be safe I would take one MSW from each and use them independent and leave the other one running (IIRC the 1E has 2 MSWs), if only 1 your going to struggle.

At present I have gone back to basics to try and clear up a Tamp indication on the Panel.

Only one Ody 1 is connected - exactly as shown in manual - no connections to Msw1 or Msw2 at Bell box (it has 2 internal tamp switches). The Tamp link is fitted on the control panel.
I´ve Rebooted and Reset defaults, carried out the walk test etc all responds OK. The panel is clear after reset and no tamp red light on. When I go to press Full Set the panel stays clear in the 30secs countdown but within 10secs of arming it alarms, with the T flashing. When I go into event log it shows the T flashing and by pressing the Omit button to get the extended display it says "B".

Not sure what to check next? :confused:

Clear the tampers with links, with existing cables removed.

Step by step after proving panel put one at a time back in.

Best I can offer without looking at it.

Clear the tampers with links, with existing cables removed.

Step by step after proving panel put one at a time back in.

Best I can offer without looking at it.

Does the "B" on the extended fault display mean it is the Bell box or does it stand for something else.?

When you say "Clear the tampers with links", do you mean disconnect the sensors and fit plain links across each zone or have I misunderstood. At the moment I have 10k resistor across unused zone 8 as Tex recommend, because the 7 sensors are using EOL resistors.

10k`s across the zones and wire links across all other tampers.

Unsure about B.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back