Texecom fire alarm channels won’t reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i don’t use the alarm system in this house (moved here in January) because I have a dog. Yesterday I came home to the internal audible alarm going off and the 3 channels that are the fire / smoke sensors had all “tripped”. I silenced the alarm but they are still reporting the error - that is to say they report smoke even though there was none. I’ve pressed the only button on two of the smoke detectors including holding it in for a good 30 seconds but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. Having reset the overall alarm I now get an audible warning when I open the front door plus a message about the fire channels which are 5, 6 and 7.
I’ve been through the instructions, which leave me quite cold for lack of user friendliness, and I’m none the wiser. How do I get rid of the smoke detector message and stop the door warning please ?

Sponsored Links
Are any of the PIR movement sensors lighting up? Do the smoke detectors show any lights? You may have a blown fuse therefore keeping all powered circuits open & preventing setting.

Detection equipment will not be covered by the manual, only the operation of the keypad.

Thank you for replying.
The 3 smoke detectors have a solid red light. Motion detectors respond to movement.
How would I check the fuse?

Fuse is ok then... Sounds like they have latched open & need resetting. This all depends how it was installed, some will have a custom fitted reset button on the main control panel (could be underneath) other systems will reset stokes if you Set then unset the alarm. Failing this (if circular smoke heads) untwist the head off the smoke detector then refit this should clear the light, repeat on the others.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both

@sparkymarka - no idea if the power went out but the remainder of the alarm circuits seem fine. It’s just the 3 fire alarms and I don’t understand why they have all gone wonky at the same time.

@Alarm Engineer - I’ve tried pressing the only button on the detector to no avail and thus far I’ve failed to manage to unscrew the covers. I’m not clear what reset there might be on the panel? I’ve done the overal reset and I still have the message which is stopping me from setting the alarm in order to unset it lol!

Try setting alarm or pressing reset , post picture of smoke detectors and alarm keypad

The alarm won’t set because of the message. Apologies for the photo of the detector - its near a light which I had to switch to get the shot :)

Attachments

• 3049953D-6CD8-41B9-A410-6D739065A38B.jpeg
    3049953D-6CD8-41B9-A410-6D739065A38B.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 50350657-3BA0-4E5F-BA5B-F14D1D7731DE.jpeg
    50350657-3BA0-4E5F-BA5B-F14D1D7731DE.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 242
That detector should twist out anti-clock wise , what happens if you press the reset button on the keypad ? Or press code or fob followed by reset ? , other than that you need to find the main box it may have a press to reset button on it ? Normally you program smokes to detector reset output that resets on code + reset

What main box?
I’ve applied remote fob and pressed rest. I’ve typed the code and pressed reset. I’ve pressed reset. The latter gets me an audible alarm because of the fault. The other two make no difference but there is now a tone when I open the front door and that didn’t used to be there.

Press chime button on keypad that should turn off chime , there should be either an A4 size plastic main box of a larger metal box somewhere !

Menu the 5 message is “no location text has been set up”
There’s an unmarked box on the other side of the wall - ie in the understairs cupboard - which is screwed shut. That it?

I assume you mean the a4 box.

Attachments

• 9ADEC3D6-BDD3-48B0-9E2B-A1F62F51147E.jpeg
    9ADEC3D6-BDD3-48B0-9E2B-A1F62F51147E.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 238

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back