texecom premier 24 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry:
just installed my first texecom premier 24 alarm, and having a few problems. could anyone please help as i have now been back to customers premises many many times.
1. using the comm 2400 set up the alarm and tested system when had an alarm condition the system text two mobile phones. but then customer reported that the system sends them a text at 15.00 every day testing system!!!! how do you switch this off (need it to only report when alarmed once only).
2. customer has called me back again RKP is now saying no ATS path and NO ATS available. also phone line is now engaged all the time. i have removed the R and T wire connections reset the digicom disabled it from panel and changed ARC1 from sms messaging (disabled). the phone line is still engaged (contacted service provider to do line test first attempt no line fault , second attempt line fault). Even that the system has been disabled but not disconnected from the main pcb board (via 9 pins) RKP still reports no ATS path etc. alarm still able to arm with faults but how do you clear fault?
3. the last fault i have is that my customer has one room which requires to be alarmed all the time even when rest of house is off. i planned to program this as an area but no where in the downloaded manual does it explian this, so how do i do this ? or do i set it up as a part arm ??? please help as this system seems to be making me look like a fool!

Sponsored Links
first..... test global, timers set at 24 hrs change to 0 or comms arc turn off test that should stop it. also set set comms fault delay in test global, timers to 1min stop it texting when bt line goes off for a couple of secounds in the middle of the night.

comms fault is it set for engineer reset on no ats ? arming options 3 or turn off in monitor hardware ( last resort )

areas is it a new premier elite 24 if not its not got areas.

thanks sparkymarka next time i visit customer i will try what you suggested. with respect to setting areas i believe that my panel is just a premier 24 and not an elite.
If so can i make my own area by setting the zone as a panic button and install a switch in parellel so that you can automatically bypass sensor ( when switch activated), or is this a very primitive way ? only other option would be to set the zone up as a part arm but this means that my customer would have keep setting the part arm.
any suggestions??? I bought the alarm from edmondsons electrical and they said it had areas you can set (but obviously they dont know what they are selling).

Sponsored Links
panel bought two weeks ago, and looking at the online prices i think i got ripped off at over 200 pounds plus vat. how do i check that it is an elite model??

best way is look inside does it have a normal wire wound metal transformer 2 wire coming off it, or a switchmode black plastic oblong transformer (elite). 4 wires coming off it

where do i start firstly thanks to sparkymark for all replys after installing and altering setting i havent heard anything back from my customer. Then today i get phone call saying that every 4 days at 1.00Am the alarm goes in to system fault and unit beeps (alarm not set so no triggered alarm) i asked if unit messages but it doesnt it just shows system fault and requires resetting.
Has anyone got an idea what is happening?? could it be something to do with phone line?? if so why does it happen every 4 days at same time.

i am fairly certain that i did (just as you suggest in previous replys). is there any way of turning of monitoring the phoneline? just so i can then make sure for certain that it was the phoneline that keeps switching off every 4 days at 1.00AM (why that should happen is anyones guess??)

Sorry for butting in, I'll butt out soon. That's a bit unusual with the phone line going down at exactly the same time Sparkymarka, I tend to ask myself is a BT line going down at exactly the same time or is there a programming problem ? Well, back to you.

yes ive even had it at home aways around 1am and because its got text messaging it send the message comm2400 line fault then comm 2400 line fault restore, i think bt do some switching around this time as ive had other customers with the same issue, two ways around this is to set the phone line fault delay to 1 or 2 mins as if you look in the log the phone line loss is only a couple of secounds or the other option is to turn off the monitor hardware option on the line fault.

Thanks for that Sparkymarka, I had never heard of it before, but I'll be watching out for it from now on.

Thanks.

hi sorry to sound stupid but how do i switch off line fault monitoring ? as my customer is losing faith in me and is now scared to leave alarm on for long periods (holidays).

I can't answer that one, but there are quite a few experts ready to jump in.

Keep an eye on your post.

gobal/ speaker and hardware/ option 1 monitor ats.... turn it off see if that cures the problem, but remember the customer will not know if theres a line fault. thats why its better to set the ats delay to 1 or 2 mins and try it first. have you looked in the log to see what is happening ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back